• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Supercharged xj

Rockinkonz

NAXJA Forum User
So I've been looking all over for threads about super charged xj with air and maby it's been covered but I can't really find the information I'm looking for so let's start here.

I have a 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (stock drive train)
And I've got a supercharger
It has been very successfully test fitted so all that's done
The harder part seems to be getting everything else where it need to be to keep it alive
I have 20 years experience in the automotive field so I'm no novice but I have very little experience with forced induction engines
And there seems to be a gap in equipment to adjust fuel and timing on the 96 so any help would be greatly appreciated I will post pics and any technical information I come across as it relates to these issues

I thought so to but I've pull wiring diagrams for my 96 and for a 97 and they seem like it could be but the ecm are really diffrent 97-01 use a jtec ecm 96 seems to be an odd ball deal

1 bar MAP sensors do not work well on boosted engines. Clamping only holds 5 V w/o introducing the needed extra fuel in boost

You also should let us know which supercharger you have installed.. Does it have an intercooler? How much boost? What size injectors?

At this moment there have been no electrical mods at all I'm not driving the jeep
It's a non intercooler twin screw setup with 6-8 lbs of boost with current pulley I have a larger on I'd like to be 4-5 lbs I think that will take care of that it's an everyday rig with 4 in lift 32 11.50s

At this moment there have been no electrical mods at all I'm not driving the jeep
It's a non intercooler twin screw setup with 6-8 lbs of boost with current pulley I have a larger on I'd like to be 4-5 lbs I think that will take care of that it's an everyday rig with 4 in lift 32 11.50s

It's winter so the added boost is ok. Regardless you'll want an intercooler. Adjustable map and/or an AFR on the exhaust will help.

At this moment I have theses parts yet to be installed
Exhaust gas temperature sensor and Guage
1 wideband o2 sensor
A air fuel mixture gauge
A boost gauge
And a 3 bar map sensor
What I'm looking for is advice about an engine management system that can control timing and fuel
To my knowledge no one makes one for the 96 I've talked to everyone that dyno tunes in my area and no one has any info on that there are a few universal but not sure about there reliability or if they will even work on my application here are a few would like to hear your opinions

https://splitsec.com/product/ftc1-201-fueltiming-calibrator-jtec-jeep-p-n-p/

Apex sacp 2

I don't mind spending the money on one of these systems if they'll work the first seems to be the best and is plug and play for 97 - 01 I'm sure I can hard wire it in my 96

The second is cheaper and that's not always better but all opinions will be noted

And also if I'm over looking anything that I shoild be thinking about I'm open as I'm not familiar and forced induction engines

And I forgot to mention the first can control an extra fuel injector that will help with cooling the cylinders and adding fuel during boost without having to change from factory injectors or upgrade fuel system

From what I have come across there is several companies that offer kits seems like the M62 and M90 superchargers arewhat they use. Many of those companies have pretty detailed information about those kits online. This might be able to help you figure out what they used in there kits. What supercharger are you running?

Been reading through that link and there is great info there thanks for that but I know im using nether of those superchargers I'll post more accurately about my charger as soon as I'm back at my truck

Back