• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats this cable called

bzdel2441

NAXJA Forum User
On a HO XJ what is the cable called that goes from the throttle body to the trans? Or does an one know the part # for it? I am upgrading my Renix to an HO head, and the cable on there wont work with the new TB.

Thanks
Chris

It's essentisially a cable that changes line press. in the trans according to throttle opening. Not a kickdown cable like most autos as it has no effect on shift timing, only line pressure. I don't know exactly what the factory parts guide will call it but throttle valve cable or something similar should get you what your looking for. Poss. just find one off a late model at a salvage yard.

explorer said:
Poss. just find one off a late model at a salvage yard.

Duh....Im an idiot I have a shopping list all made out to go to the junk year once it stops raining and I didnt even write this cable down, and I have been stressing about it because I didnt know what it was called....

Back