• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1" Wheel Spacers Q's?

Greenspan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
My 2" OME lift should be done tomorrow on my 98 XJ D30 and C8.25. Planning on getting some 30x9.5 tires next. To prevent any rubbing and just improve the stance overall I plan to get these 1" wheel spacers too: https://www.titanwheelaccessories.c..._cherokee~sz_wheel-spacers~yj_1-wheel-spacers

I don't want to get into the spacer debate here I just had a few questions.
1) They mention that if the stock studs are shorter than the spacer they will need to be grinded/cut down. I really don't want to have to do this. How long are the stock studs? Will 1" spacers be too thin? Anyone else run 1"? How thin can I go without having to do this?
2) For the XJ so I want hun centric spacers or not?
3) Anyone have any experience with Titan? Looks reputable and they are very reasonably priced

I've never had an issue with 1 inch spacers and lug studs being too long or short or whatever.

You don't need hub centric, but it's easier to get the wheel back on straight with hub centric.

You could always get a set of steel rims with a 4.5 inch backspace... dirt cheap! Probably less or as much as a set of spacers and not have to worry about the extra hassle of spacers. I got a brand spanking new set of pro- comp crawlers for $46 each rim and free shipping on Amazon. If you look around you can get them for less than $40 each im sure of it.

Ok thanks for the input.

Im kinda a special case, I have ten (10) stock wheels total. I got a good deal on an extra set of 5. I plan to run an extra spare tire (4+2), and plus Ill have an extra set of wheels (4) that I can keep my currently in good shape street tires on or put snow treads on if I want. Those spacers are $90 for a set of 4, thats a lot less than 10x of the cheapest steelies, or even 6x. Plus, I like the stock wheels.

I want to give spacers a shot, if they end up being terrible Ill buy new wheels later its not a big loss. So that's why I don't want to debate spacers vs backspaced wheels, and just want to know if those spacers will work.

most high quality spacers are 1 1/4" , that way theres no worry of needed to grind any stud length off. i use G2 spacers , dont cheap out on spacers

btw , 55.00 for 2 spacers is cheap, good high grade spacers are more like 50.00 each. cheap ones are known to crack and break in half. research it a bit, before you buy.

Yeah Im trying to do my research here. It sounds like scrubber has run 1" spacers no problem, so do I really need 1.25"? Has anyone tried to run 1" and had a problem?

What's the difference between "cheap" spacers vs "expsensive" spacers. Do they use 6061 vs 7075 aluminum or something? Buy expensive stuff because its better because its more expensive doesn't really help. Has anyone run the Titan spacers and had a good/bad experience?

Back