View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2011, 07:49
NAXJA Member

Location: Central MA - keep going till the road turns to dirt, then listen for banjos
Re: Everything you ever wanted to know about the AW4

If it went back together he did the right thing and "forgot" to tell you, or he swapped out the transmission as well. A 21 spline input is smaller diameter than a 23 spline output shaft and it won't even slide over, it's impossible to bolt up the wrong spline count case to a 23 spline transmission as far as I know. The other way around is possible (accidentally putting a 23 spline case on a 21 spline transmission) and you won't realize your mistake till you start the vehicle and go nowhere because the 21 spline shaft spins freely inside the 23 spline input gear.
CTeunuch: Sometimes I really wonder if this sport makes you insane, or it just attracts the mentally unstable.