• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junkyard upgrades

muddeprived said:
What exactly does this do? (closed and open systems)

It converted my closed radator to open system with spending to much.

have a xj "country in my tow yard that got t-boned on the drivers side. it has black leather seats that will be making its way into my wreck when the i see the consignee manager. i heard about the leaf packs in these... if they sit about 1 inch higher...i could replace my stock leafs with these....what should i replace my Rough County AAL with? (3.5 RC lift)
y

Cipe

It's not the XJ Country's that have taller suspensions (I have one). It's the XJ's with the 'Up Country' package. The package also includes skidplates (my XJ Country did not come with skid plates). -Jim C

red_01_xj said:
I found one using car-part.com ...i got one local for under $200 I couldnt even get gears for that, along with installation and a hp axle...you can buy a seal kit from warn to convert to solid shafts. so you dont have to worry about the weak shaft
so what axle did this come from again??..the dana 35???

the rear lower control arms on the geo tracker 90-99, suzuki sidekick, and chevy tracker, all 90-99, are 2 inches longer than the xj front control arms, and will fit directly, with a little love. they are round stock, and torque pretty good.

Would these be a benefit with a 3" lifted 89 XJ? I have some front end clunking noises and suspect the bushings. What about UCA's? Anyone know of a cheap fix?

mscans said:
the rear lower control arms on the geo tracker 90-99, suzuki sidekick, and chevy tracker, all 90-99, are 2 inches longer than the xj front control arms, and will fit directly, with a little love. they are round stock, and torque pretty good.
interesting...didn't know bout that. I knew there was a reason I liked my little Tracker :)

mudslinger4x4 said:
i'm thinking about getting a set of 4.10's for mine and was wonderin if i should just pull them out of a 2.5l?

yeah buddy, pretty much any of those four bangers will have 4.10's in em. expecially the earlier models.

i also found a v6 1986 xj today at the junkyard with what looked like a dana 44 in it, front and rear, i am not sure, whatever it was, they were real beefy.

zj's and 97+ xj's come with a plastic fuel cell with the pump assembly on top, not too ugly either, perfect for an incab fuel cell on the cheap that will still take the stock fuel pump.

There is some prety good info here. I just got done reading every last word of all 12 pages. :looney: If someone could seperate the BS from the good stuff this should be made sticky! I've heard that WJ seats are interchangeable if you swap the seatpans with your stock. That will be one of my next mods. My stockers are getting worn out after 155k ass miles.

mscans said:

Would this be a good cheap substitute for the adjustable lower control arms for my 95 with 3" of lift? I would like to get the tires back forwards where they belong....and I'm looking at adding a 2" BB so I can get 32's or maybe even 33"s with some triming in the future. The LCA's will be a must then.

Terrific said:
Will the radiator skid from earlier xj's fit 97'+ years?

i believe it will be the same 92-97, as long as it has the fill cap on the rad it will work.

Back