• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pics, Strike R., P. Spider, 3D mudfest

xjblue

NAXJA Member #496
NAXJA Member
It was a great Fall Fling, one to remember!

Strike Ravine pics, aka the NAXJA strike ravine prerun.

"has anybody run this before?" anyone, anyone, buler
ff06_StrikeR_01.jpg

we drove up the road in the background, scenic "must do" side trip:)
ff06_StrikeR_02.jpg

flexing on turn around #3
ff06_StrikeR_03.jpg

I got the same shot of Mike smiling
ff06_StrikeR_04.jpg

Morty'sXJ broke the same rock
ff06_StrikeR_05.jpg

ff06_StrikeR_06.jpg

Later that day (Thursday) on a 3D trail prerun

Handlebars, Jackal, and rook1 with me, note the weather moving in.
ff06_3Dprerun_01.jpg

Bartlett Wash, clouds getting darker...
ff06_3Dprerun_02.jpg

Bailing for the highway asap down Blue Hills Road.
ff06_3Dprerun_03.jpg

Blue Hills Road vids

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/1...ll Fling 06/?action=view&current=PA050050.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/1...ll Fling 06/?action=view&current=PA050052.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/1...ll Fling 06/?action=view&current=PA050053.flv

After that little bit of fun we beat the rain and the dinner rush to town, ate at The Baja, highly recommended.

Last edited:
Friday's Poison Spider run.

Jeeps in the mist
ff06_PoisonSpider_01.jpg

good ole remi
ff06_PoisonSpider_02.jpg

The waterfall is a waterfall
ff06_PoisonSpider_03.jpg

passxj on the cool line
ff06_PoisonSpider_04.jpg

Wedgie air
ff06_PoisonSpider_05.jpg

zoomed waterfalls across the river
ff06_PoisonSpider_06.jpg

ff06_PoisonSpider_07.jpg

Launching pad reverse direction
ff06_PoisonSpider_08.jpg

Back at the Waterfall
ff06_PoisonSpider_09.jpg

ff06_PoisonSpider_10.jpg

ff06_PoisonSpider_11.jpg

It was a good soggy fun run, the Mesa was a blast, should have got video of that, my XJ is making some kind of clunk after rallying it.

Saturday's 3D trail run

This trail calls for crossing several washes, Driving up Bartlett Wash, and down the next wash over, then the other half is a nice rim rock area wich we never made it to. After two days of solid rain we were asking our selves, "And this was supposed to be the easy run?".

Boy it got interesting real quick. After crossing the first small wash we came to, this quicksand liquified the moment my front tire hit it. There was a larger pool of the stuff just ahead covering the road so I had Lion winch me back.
ff06_3Dtrail_01.jpg

Headed back to the highway we got a view of Slickensides Arch we had missed coming in.
ff06_3Dtrail_02.jpg

I knew it would be bad but Blue Hills Road offered the only shortcut to bypass all the washes and get to the rim portion. The ditch was unavoidable, except for Paul, he just drove right past us.
ff06_3Dtrail_03.jpg

the map said impassible when wet. It was passible so far, fun even.
ff06_3Dtrail_04.jpg

After that we made it over a good washout with a one foot cut bank, about as much as Paul's Jeep could handle. Then drove another 200 yards and came upon a large washout with a Four foot cut bank straight across the road and no bypass.

Turned around and on the way back to the highway, Lion was bouncing from roadside to roadside with a mud spattered windshield, Paul was tracking true right down the middle, it was quite a sight. I had to feather the gas pedal to steer and left squirly tracks but avoided the ditch this time.
ff06_3Dtrail_05.jpg

I don't know how but tuxxj is relatively so clean and lion...well he spent some extra time and money at the carwash let me tell you.
ff06_3Dtrail_06.jpg

We were back in town for Lunch but felt like we had made a decent run out of it.

Last edited:
Great Pics Jared. Thanks.

Handlebars said:
Dang Jared, it's a good thing you didn't wash your Jeep beforehand! Are you finally going to buy new tires?

Yeah, it's about that time :laugh3: , I've got some things to do before hand. First: I found what I broke on Poison Spider, need to replace passenger side leaf pack center pin. Second: adjust track bar, in prep for new tires. Third: alignment Fourth: buy new tires. That will give me something to do over the holiday season.

You might want to pull your brake drums too. I found a half pound of dried sand and mud in there. The abrasive action wore my shoes down to the rivits. Soooo complete rear brakes are added to my list.

Speaking of listing, I replaced that broken driver's leaf spring, now that side is about 2 inches higher than the passanger. I may be getting another new spring if it doesn't settle quick.

Hadn't ever thought of that. Rear brakes are on my to do list already. I've probably got quicksand in the passenger side drum...

Back