• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ID These Please

mdl

NAXJA Forum User
These two are right behind the battery, in between the battery and the winshield washer bottle.

picture006tn9.jpg

picture007hz9.jpg

And then this guy is sitting almost at the firewall.
picture008ob9.jpg

This could all spring back to the huge nightmare that happened to me earlier in the year. I'm not ruling out anything.

96 4.0

Last edited:
My bad, I pasted it all but all that showed up was "96 4.0".

Well its a 1996 4.0 sport, aw4, np231, ac, and power windows are the only options installed.

What happened first: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=75393

which wasn't too too bad, was only bad because of dd

then what was really bad, http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=79241

Cliffsnotes**
The shop basically fawked me over at a very very bad time for me and my family, which was the only reason i brought it to them in the first place. I just recently installed a new oil pressure sending unit, they broke mine off, and had to reconnect the engine temp sensor myself because this shop neglected to reconnect things. Now seeing these scares me knowing that they may have been possibly disconnecting and breaking things that had absolutly nothing to do with what they were suppost to be working on.

Last edited:
the smaller one towards the back by the firewall looks like the wire that would plug into the optional (and seemingly rare on the 96s) under-hood light

the other one apears to be for cruise control (assuming you dont have it now)

HTH

CaptTrev

See if you have the battery sensor under the battery tray. One could be for that.
Another one would not suprise me as being for the factory fog lights, it so it should run back to the PDC and the empty fog light relay sockets.

90xj06 said:
hey i notice you live in natick. i live in peobody. where did you go wheeling in that last post.

It's a place in templeton. I don't reccomend it. Not worth the drive.

Thanks for the help everyone, didn't know if it was worth stressing over. It's appreciated.

Back