• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crank bearings?

X10k, I've been running them in everything I build(almost), and that would be almost 10k motors!

I will add that there is a difference between a HV and HP pump.

I will add that there is a difference between a HV and HP pump.

Being an engineer working on high pressure systems, could you describe the difference between a high volume vs a high pressure pump in a hydraulic system?

Get rid of the FRAM filter today. They have a reputation of killing XJ motors. Ask PacEd about it.

You never posted (that I saw) how thick of oil you are running.

I posted I only use STP brand filters #S16XL and also use 10w40 for all my Jeeps. I've actually never used a frame filter before, even before they had a bad reputation

I don't know what bad record you have had with them but I have been using them for many years both in commuters and in competition, with nothing but good results.

Any chance you could possibly post a part number you've used in the past? I have definitely thought about used a different oil pump, mostly because my oil pan very very slightly drips and at some point will need replacing

I'm assuming I would need a high pressure as opposed to high volume

In the case of a oil pump it would be GPM vs PSI, HV pumps have longer gears and HS pumps have larger diameter gears.

It may be as you say.

I still want to know what issues people have had. ;)

It may be as you say.

I still want to know what issues people have had. ;)

I read the same things and non of it makes sense to me (having issues). Reads more like old wives tales of someone that got a bad unit 35 years ago. But alot of people instantly say oh thats' a bad idea for the 4.0's - You will drain the oil pan to quickly and starve the pump!

Anyways my 00 has shown zero oil pressure for the last 2.5 years. It rattles and clanks pretty good to the point of sounding like a diesel or a pair of shoes in the dryer. Hasn't quit yet and I got a Russ B stroker for a replacement.

Back