• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm Losing My Hair!!

Yucca-Man

NAXJA Member # 683
And you can help me do it!!

The Douglas County Sheriff's Office is sponsoring a St. Baldrick's Foundation event this month. St Baldrick's is the world's largest volunteer-driven group that is dedicated to fighting childhood cancer. If you remember my Daniel page, kids don't deserve to have something as horrific as cancer...they should be able to enjoy being kids!

So what's the plan?
We are having a mass shave at the Sheriff's Office on Friday, March 16. Several members of the office have been directly affected by children's cancer and have lost loved ones. We are trying to raise money to research a cure, and could use your help.

How can you help?
I'm on the 'Third Watch' team, and you can donate directly to me by using the link on this page. You can also donate directly to the team; I've had a few friends do that because I sent them the wrong link

If you can donate and notice it's linked to the wrong team or person, please let me know and I'll try to get it corrected.

Thanks for all your help! - Jim

Done! Pony-up guys!

Okay - here's a challenge (maybe this should be moved to Off-Topic?)

Anyway - this is Heather.
heather.jpg

Heather was my Supervisor last year, and is currently leading the team in donations. We can't have that...so I need y'all to step up and help me beat Heather while we help kids beat cancer. It's a win-win, see?

$5 will buy you a Starbuck's choco-coffee-java fruu-fruu drink, or you can skip that for the day and help us out. C'mon...you know you want to so I'll make it easy and even provide a link:
https://www.stbaldricks.org/get_involved/donate.html?EventID=175&TeamID=425&ShaveeID=4369

I'll be sure to post before and afters, too.

Thanks,
Jim www.yuccaman.com

No, they don't take Paypal, but you can download the donations form from that link above and send a check...or you can donate straight through the website with your credit/debit card.

Heather is at $616
I'm at $475

Help me beat her! :D Either way we're helping the kids, of course.

Yucca-Man said:
No, they don't take Paypal, but you can download the donations form from that link above and send a check...or you can donate straight through the website with your credit/debit card.

Heather is at $616
I'm at $475

Help me beat her! :D Either way we're helping the kids, of course.

You got a ways to go, I'll pitch in a 10 spot though.
Remember it next time you see a red GTO driving like a jackass around the rock? :D

I don't mind giving money, but I hate filling out forms.
Did it anyway. :)

Fred

Yucca man, so how did the head shaving go. At least I thought it was happening to day. I am good friends with Heather's Sister Stephi, she works dispatch up there and see Heather from time to time. I can not wait to see the pictures. You will no hair will be one thing, but look at that long blond hair she is loosing..

Sorry about the delay, but thanks to y'all for the support! It looks like the final tally was:
Heather: $1032
Jim: $500
That's all part of the Douglas County Sheriff's Office bringing together over $25,000 in online pledges and probably close to $45,000 once the cash and checks are counted!!

Once again thanks for the donations...and now the part y'all have been waiting for:

horseshoe.jpg

A glance forward 30 years?

st_bald_crop.jpg

Sorry about the glare... :flipoff2:

For all you doubters:
heather1.jpg

heather2.jpg

heather3.jpg

jim_heather_after.jpg

"Third Watch" was made up of the Patrol Graves 'B' team (and two of the Dispatchers who tell them where to go). They all got bald for the cause. They do seem to have some behavioral issues in front of the camera though. :p

graves_after.jpg

Buncha bald-headed whackos...

Thanks again for the support! -Jim

AAAAAUUUUUGGGGG!!!!! My eyes!

Some things you just can't un-see! :scared:

st_bald_crop.jpg

All kidding aside - props to you and the ACSO crew for helping contribute to a great cause! :thumbup:

Oops, DCSO..... I knew that. That's what I get for posting tired..... :D

Back