• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C4x4 double-tube rocker guard fitment issue

casm

NAXJA Forum User
I finally got around today to mostly fitting one of the C4x4 double-tube rocker guards I ordered a few weeks ago. Ran out of daylight so will have at it again tomorrow, but was curious if anyone else had run into the following:

- If the angle iron meant to run along the rocker panel was mounted flush against it, the lower hole on the rear mounting bracket would be below the level of the rear spring hanger.

- Dropping the angle iron down approximately 1/16" from the rocker panel allowed the rear spring hanger to mount properly. All six bolts drilled through the pinch seam lined up OK as well.

- At this point, trying to mount the front T-bracket to the frame rails resulted in its holes not lining up with those drilled on the front guard bracket. When lined up, the T-bracket would have its bottom two holes below the frame rail.

Right now it's attached at the six pinch seam bolts as well as the two at the rear spring hanger which is good enough to keep it in place until tomorrow, but obviously it's not serviceable. My best plan of attack at this point is to redrill the T-bracket to accomodate the current location of the front mounting bolts, but I'm a little surprised at how off-kilter things are.

Has anyone else run into similar issues? There's no obvious damage to the pinch seam or spring hangers on that side - and while I realise that moving the entire guard down slightly is deviating from how it's meant to be mounted, following the instructions to the letter makes everything not quite work. Is it possible that I got a kit that wasn't quite to spec, or is this relatively normal with this product?

Back