• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door lock rods 1997 Jeep XJ

ADZ4X4

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,
I have a 1997 Jeep Xj and it seems both front lock rods have been bent. Is there any place that will sell old stock left right rods??
Been searching google for a while now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up here, a junkyard is the best place. Down there, I don't know. If you are about ready to give up finding them....send me a PM and I will see what the local U Pull it has. Won't be a quick fix due to our distance apart and postal services.

Since they don't sell those parts anymore you don't have a lot of choices.
1 - with the part number search to see if there is any NOS.
2 - chase down a wrecking yard part.
3 - refurbish your part (re-shape and harden).

Up here, a junkyard is the best place. Down there, I don't know. If you are about ready to give up finding them....send me a PM and I will see what the local U Pull it has. Won't be a quick fix due to our distance apart and postal services.

Hi Sig220,
That’s really nice of you, I will give it a go at bending them again. I have looked up part numbers, done web searches, tried bending them again. This was the last try at seeing if there was any old stock someone was hoarding.
Have a good day mate!
Adz

Hi Sig220,
That’s really nice of you, I will give it a go at bending them again. I have looked up part numbers, done web searches, tried bending them again. This was the last try at seeing if there was any old stock someone was hoarding.
Have a good day mate!
Adz

Adz, I am not kidding.....if you need them, just let me know. I will probably be making a trip late this week anyway. If the rods from a 99 will work, I know they have them or at least did. I got the window regulator/motor out of the driver's door and it was there then.
My wife calls me a hoarder already, anyway :) In my local yard is a 98.99 and 2-2000 models. I have raided the 98 and 99 already for stuff.

Good Luck!
Siggy

Back