• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

take 80 to 294 to 94... I usually don't have problems going this route just normal speed limit flow at all times minus rush hour and lunch.

Avoid 90 right thru downtown, no matter what time there will be slow traffic.

I am planning on going up to Crandon Saturday Morning for the day. Another cool event is Tudor Sports Car Championship weekend at Road America. Main race is on Sunday, just a thought. I am going to try and hit both.

I've never used a converter box for my led tail lights. But I have separate turn lights. Is the box necessary when you combine the stop turn tail signal?

Yes, for stop/turn/tail you need one. I just used factory wiring on mine. You're essentially are using the converter to wire up a trailer inside the jeep.

makes you wonder why they did separate stop/turns on the xj, but did combined stop/turns on the MJ.

trailer wiring is real easy in the truck.

finally starting to look like the front end of a buggy. time to locate the steering arm and them move onto castor and incorporate some antidive.

10526116_688120921242327_897112228742608272_n.jpg

oh... and find a shock that can use all 12" of travel.

UP. The 200 extra miles is well worth avoiding the hellhole of Chicago.
I always go through the UP to/from home.
I just wish us2 was 70 mph.

i can tell ya, my stretch of 80/94 has been hell lately...

Re: Re: Important

i can tell ya, my stretch of 80/94 has been hell lately...
I second that...the construction in Indiana is pretty crappy right now. As was states though, take 294 if you do choose to go through chi town. Its usually less of a cluster and you skip downtown

also being at work at 4am sucks...i had to drive most of last night to get here, then 1.5 hours of sleep...now at work. yucky.

also good morning Sam

Never been to the youPee or the bridge so I think we may take that way up as has been suggested.

I don't have an ipass either and it takes 14 days to get one...

mac 'toll boy' gyvr

Mac, i just went to WI 2 weekends in a row. my thoughts,

I have, in the past, been able to fly threw downtown Chicago with no issues. 2 weeks ago i ran into much much more traffic than i like to deal with. it took me many more hours than normal to get to my destination. not as many tolls, but still tolls.

294, much faster but without an ipass you get caught up in toll booth traffic often. there were times i was sitting in those cash lanes for well over 5 mins.

both options put you on 94. once into wi, there is a bunch of construction and it got to the point where i got off 94 and drove down a frontage road and was making way better time.

i have never been to the UP but i bet there is less traffic. either way Chicago will have 4 or 5 lanes of heavy traffic, so if you hate other drivers, well.... not sure if the UP's route has roads that size.

Back