• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

The king shocks shootout is streaming live on ultra4racing.com starts at 9pm eastern.

I have a OTC scope at work that gets used every now and again. Bossmans on the fense about a new scanner from Snapon. Im trying to talk him into it. Modis Ultra with a built in scope.

I had heard of the pico scope but havent looked into it much. I noticed the price and kind of backed off. lol But in reality the price isnt that bad for what it is.

Picoscopes are cheap compared to some of the $10k scopes we were looking at...

If I get my XJ back in the next few weeks (or hopefully this week), I plan on coming to WF and wheeling Saturday only. Hopefully I will know tomorrow when I will get it back. With a back up vehicle, I will let Sarah wheel it for a little bit on some easy areas. Once I am lifted with bigger tires, I will let her wheel it more.

Well think I might have a deal in the works for trade for the car. Only thing i'm a little leary on is the miles on it. Its a 98 limited zj with the 318 v8 and has 206,000 miles. Said the only things wrong with it are the tranny and transfer leak a little and rear hatch struts are bad. I'm really considering going and looking at it cuz its pretty much exactly what I am looking for. What do you all think of a deal like this for my car? Granted my car needs catalytic converter and tires on it. But its also 3 years newer and 50,000 miles less

I think the hatch struts are bad on all of them....

But inspect it well for rust. Mine looked not bad, had about 220k on it.. leaked a little tranny fluid.... and was completely rusted out underneath. I went to jack it up to wiggle my fat rear under to change the starter and the jack crunched right through the unitbody.

Nerd ;)
Check out picoscope, it is what I use at work. Hooks up to a laptop for the screen and controls. Very easy to use (Dan could probably figure it out). It is small and easy to travel with. I think the one I bought for work was ~$1500
Ive seen those. Definitely dont have 1500 for one though. I dont "need" a scope, just want one. So Ive been keeping an eye on craigslist, etc.
If $1500 isn't in your budget
Definitely not in the budget for a lowly printer tech, notice the "Underemployed" user title. lol
If it wasnt so close to WF I would put a bid on that scope.
I will start looking at them a little closer once I get to Iowa and start making better money, after I dump some into the jeep of course.
Jeep has had some little quirks for a while now, I think a scope would help me figure some of them out.

While in college they only briefly touched on scopes and how to set them up. I had never actually set one up until I got into the field and then I didnt know what I was looking at. Ive been doing more research on them and starting to get the hang of it.

6-10 inches of snow today...starting at 1pm...

mac 'love it!' gyvr

Yeah well I went to work and drove around in it in an impala...

mac 'glad you made it home' gyvr

Yeah well I went to work and drove around in it in an impala...

mac 'glad you made it home' gyvr

RWD in the snow and a badge FTW......:greensmok

Ram" Mac is a cop and cool...yes it can happen"Rod.....

Those Impala cop cars are FWD?

Now that is just silly......

So only reverse donuts while eating donuts? That is just not right for our boys in blue.

Rumor is we are going to the Ford Interceptor next year...its AWD...

mac 'finally we are getting somewhere...maybe' gyvr

Back