• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Cliffs: -Im awkward and shy sober and awesome drunk
-I need a ride home in a couple weeks

So to catch the awkwardness of this situation you have to know just a little back ground on ol' Sammy.

Under normal circumstances I am a closed off, quiet, almost shy, type of guy. Usually, unless I am very comfortable with you, I will just be polite and wait till its over.

Add a few drinks for me to get a nice buzz and I do a 180, confident, calm, collective, feeling good about life, and can manage to have a good converstaion with people that I just met.
Have enough drinks to send me past buzzed into drunkland and I view everyone as my best friend, then the obvious drunk side effects like loud ass talking(a settle family issue) and pure goofiness.
When out in the world, I never get annihilated drunk, which puts me into the stumbling, drooling, barfing etc.

Ok so my wife's friend is getting married in a couple weeks. I know this girl pretty well, but only her. I do not know any of her friends or family. So my wife is standing up in the wedding and I never really cared, whateve no biggie. Just dawned on me this morning that this means that she is not going to be with me until well after all the official crap. So I do not have my partner to help me pretend I am having a good time. When I bring this up to her she says that its cool cuz the bride sat me with her old college roommates. I remind her that i am a complete shut off person around others. So she says ok, we will have to pack you a flask full of whiskey AND hit the bar before hand.

I originally was planning on having a few drinks and then driving home. Now I will probably murder the open bar and figure out how to get home later lol.

SAM'futures sams problem SET

I hate grass.

Wish my whole yard was concrete.

mac 'more parking' gyvr

Cliffs: -Im awkward and shy sober and awesome drunk
-I need a ride home in a couple weeks

So to catch the awkwardness of this situation you have to know just a little back ground on ol' Sammy.

Under normal circumstances I am a closed off, quiet, almost shy, type of guy. Usually, unless I am very comfortable with you, I will just be polite and wait till its over.

Add a few drinks for me to get a nice buzz and I do a 180, confident, calm, collective, feeling good about life, and can manage to have a good converstaion with people that I just met.
Have enough drinks to send me past buzzed into drunkland and I view everyone as my best friend, then the obvious drunk side effects like loud ass talking(a settle family issue) and pure goofiness.
When out in the world, I never get annihilated drunk, which puts me into the stumbling, drooling, barfing etc.

Ok so my wife's friend is getting married in a couple weeks. I know this girl pretty well, but only her. I do not know any of her friends or family. So my wife is standing up in the wedding and I never really cared, whateve no biggie. Just dawned on me this morning that this means that she is not going to be with me until well after all the official crap. So I do not have my partner to help me pretend I am having a good time. When I bring this up to her she says that its cool cuz the bride sat me with her old college roommates. I remind her that i am a complete shut off person around others. So she says ok, we will have to pack you a flask full of whiskey AND hit the bar before hand.

I originally was planning on having a few drinks and then driving home. Now I will probably murder the open bar and figure out how to get home later lol.

SAM'futures sams problem SET

Since its a wedding you might as well keep it classy

http://flasktie.co/blog/

Jesus...I can't imagine having to deal with that. Sam really likes to push the Bud Light Platinum when he's tanked on it. Even after multiple refusals... And he won't give up. He just keeps nagging. Then he'll ask you again. Then he'll give you shit for not drinking it. Then he'll offer you some again.

If you've gotten at all annoyed with the repetitive nature of that, you'll understand what I went through at WF this year.

I was Sam's best friend for an hour and a half. Hahaha!
red 'mows in november' heep
I used to say the same about golf, but I haven't been golfing much the last couple years. That's sad.

Re: Re: Important

Jesus...I can't imagine having to deal with that. Sam really likes to push the Bud Light Platinum when he's tanked on it. Even after multiple refusals... And he won't give up. He just keeps nagging. Then he'll ask you again. Then he'll give you shit for not drinking it. Then he'll offer you some again..

Sounds like me at Jeep blessing offering everyone my apple pie.
Suzi (Trixie) kept drinking it and got sick. I think she hates me now :( lol

Road trip to new Orleans to board our cruise = lots of thinking planning... Possibly starting another build along side the wife's cj5...

50's era 3/4 - 1 ton tow truck/travel rig...

Lots of time to think...

Unless I figure out how to grow a money tree AND teleport I wont be there...
And I don't remember most of that night so this is my public apology if I was an asshole. Sorry.
I'll try to remember to sit down and shut up next time.

Last edited:
Jesus...I can't imagine having to deal with that. Sam really likes to push the Bud Light Platinum when he's tanked on it. Even after multiple refusals... And he won't give up. He just keeps nagging. Then he'll ask you again. Then he'll give you shit for not drinking it. Then he'll offer you some again.

If you've gotten at all annoyed with the repetitive nature of that, you'll understand what I went through at WF this year.

I was Sam's best friend for an hour and a half. Hahaha!

I used to say the same about golf, but I haven't been golfing much the last couple years. That's sad.

See....im awesome

really tho, that was out of even my drunk norm. im not that guy that pushes my drink on people. but i do get very friendly and loud. also i may push you to drink more.

when all the uncles, dad, brothers, and male cousins, get together at the same time, the women in our family cannot even stay in the room. we are all loud and try to talk over each other.

SAM'including grandpa'SET

Received my new set of Treadwrights for the Dodge. The 19.5's don't come with the balancing warranty...and I can see why. It was a weight stacking mess on them but the local tire shop did the best they could. It is a hell of a set of meats on it but they are a fraction of the price of virgin rubber. I think if i get a year out of them I will be happy and suprised. I ended up with $620 in 4 of them mounted and balanced (as good a s they could). Look just like the old MTR's and are installed on Goodyear casings. Now to find out why the tranny is slipping.....

Cheese "this may get real expensive" Man

Back