• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Back in the Saddle again!!!

Casper

NAXJA Forum User
Having no experience with electrical systems on any type of automobile, the problem I was having with the XJ was kicking my Butt! I had replaced the :D CPS, Oxy sensor, MAP, coil, distributor, wires, plugs, fuses, etc., and still the XJ wouldn't start. But a member of a jeep club that I belong to here in Arizona had the same problem and suggested that I try another CPS. It is what he did, and PRESTO, he was back running again. So, I bought another CPS and installed it again, and YEP, it is running great! With my earlier posting, ( VERY SAD ), I mentioned that we would probably not be there this year. But for now we are back in the running. Unless some other problem perks up, Shelly and I will be arriving Wednesday. It is great to be a part of a Jeep Family, having members looking out for each other and lending aid where possible. Shelly and I want to thank all of you for your help. If by chance Mike in NJ, if you are reading this I will be able to do the responsibility of the Jeep Inspections. I will also write to Mike personally. Well, we are all pumped up again and can't wait to see you all and run the rocks with you. Everyone drive safely, the most important part of this activity is the people and love ones. See ya soon!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Thanks,
Casper

Great news Keith. :D

I did a round of replacing the sensors on my XJ trying to figure out a loss of power problem, so I feel for you as you went through this no start problem. See you in a few days and have a safe trip up.

Tom

Wahoo! Glad you've exorcised the demons and will be coming to Moab, hope your drive is event-free and I'll see you next week.....now, if we can just get Marc's XJ to stop freaking out...............

X

[quote:ad42175e99="Anonymous"]Wahoo! Glad you've exorcised the demons and will be coming to Moab, hope your drive is event-free and I'll see you next week.....now, if we can just get Marc's XJ to stop freaking out...............

X[/quote:ad42175e99]

OK...I hate to put this in writing, but I think I've fixed the XJ....(3 trial runs up and down Parley's for testing/punishment....).....combination of things...plugs, wires, cap/rotor, cat converter, CPS and cooling fan sensor{whatever the auxiliary fan thing is}. If it runs with no problems through Thursday, I think I'll head down early on Friday morning {I've got an axle to deliver:D }.

BIG SMILE

GREAT! Sounds like you have some good news as well. Glad to hear that you will be able to make it. [b:ea5acb6608]MOAB = It's a GOOD thing!!![/b:ea5acb6608] 8)

Casper

Back