• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Injectors

CRBMAN

NAXJA Forum User
OK guys, A buddy and I just purchased an 01 xj with a blown motor. He wants the donor jeep after I pull a few things off it. It has an after market billet aluminum fuel rail and Bosch 4 hole injectors. I have no idea how long ago they were installed. I've already pulled them off and they look good . However, is there a way to test them before I install them on mine? They physically look good and all the o-rings look good. Or do I just hit them with some carb cleaner and go for it? Also, is the fuel rail really an upgrade, or just eye candy?

This guys has a pretty good way of doing it with a battery, couple wires, rubber hose and a can o carb cleaner.
I've done this before to test if an injector was good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eDcY0WhALI

I had a couple dirty ones. I've got Ford 5.0 injectors in there now.

there are write up on the four hole verses stock. Some say the four hole spray pattern has issues, others swear by them. some folks who say these i jectors are golden cure alls, probably think so cause they replaced bad injectors with good four hole injectors.

If your injectors are running ok now, I see no reason to change them at this time, else it is eye candy or bragging rights. Unless you got a bad injector now, you likely wont notice any improvement. if you suspect dirty injectors, run a bottle of fuel tank injector cleaner thru the system. I run the chevron cleaner thru at least once a year on my injected cars as a preventative

Back