• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do I want a Jeepster Commando

jcnoble

NAXJA Forum User
I was recently looking at a Jeepster Commando, does anyone have any experience with this vehicle. The one I am looking at needs some bodywork but runs good with a V6 dauntless and fuel injection. Dana 44 in the back not sure about the front maybe Dana 27 with disk brakes.
I really don’t need another project right now but it looks fun.
Any thoughts?

Is it the 1st or 2nd body style? If its the 1st, then yes, yes you do.

:D

1st body style then.
Rust makes me ascared.

Yeah, they sell new sheet metal rockers n stuff but i’m not real experienced in welding those. Its soo thin.

I think they are pretty cool, but I think they may need a bit more nose to gracefully fit a V-8 under the hood.

I don't like a V-6. Inline 6 is good, but V-6 is bad. Any number of opposed cylinders needs to be divisible by 4.

I think they are pretty cool, but I think they may need a bit more nose to gracefully fit a V-8 under the hood.

I don't like a V-6. Inline 6 is good, but V-6 is bad. Any number of opposed cylinders needs to be divisible by 4.

Have you driven an odd fire V6? Theys got the torque. And I'm not sure anyone with a jeepster is trying to get 300k out of an engine.

And to the OP....I have a spare engine for that jeep in my garage....street race build....300hpish

Back