• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ticking / misfire /check engine light.

I would still investigate where the compression is going? Out the valves? Through the rings? A leak down test will give you more information. If its cartooned up valves, sea form, the Mopar or other brand equivalents of intake/valve cleaners, etc. may do the trick. What exactly is the lower end knock?

Idk. Both mechanics say I have no compression in cyl 2. (Motor only has 140k on it) First mechanic originally said oh it’s just the ECU. But then upon further inspection he noticed the compression being gone also.. and then spark plug soaked, and scorched cyl walls. So he said the ecu most likely told the injector to spray constantly? I’m not entirely sure of anything anymore, Except that I have no compression.

If the injector was flooding that cylinder that makes sense, but that would be the opposite of "doing nothing".

yeah, so I think the ecu could have told the injector to flood it.
but now that there is no compression in that cylinder, when i disconnect the injector wire it doesn't even make a difference in the idle/misfire, because of compression being gone already. its not that the injector is doing nothing, its just that it doesnt effect the idle/ misfire anymore. i hope that makes sense.

I found a motor for $1500, and i found a guy to help me install it. he quoted me $700. so all in all under 3k isnt that bad

Back