• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ball joints for lifted XJ

Lake919

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys, so I ordered my IRO LA lift for my XJ on Friday and since I will be running 33x12.50/15 tires, I figured I would go ahead and freshen up the steering components some and replace my old ball joints. I am looking on rock auto and they have offset ball joints that say for lifted vehicles. Do I need those or can I just put in Oem spec ones and be fine? Thanks as always for the advice.

Before you replace anything, put your Jeep on an alignment rack. A good tech should be able to tell you if offset ball joints are needed.

unless something is bent, you shouldn't need offset balljoints.
I use synergy balljoints in mine with no issues
also got timkin wheel bearings on rockauto.
If you don't wanna use the synergy balljoints the stock spicer ones are excellent too

I am currently running Synergy and have used Alloy USA ball joints too. They’re the way to go IMHO. If you need offset ball joints it’s because your axle is bent.

Offset ball joints can also change caster, ie they aren’t just for a band aid on bent axles. I run the Teraflex ball joints with good results.

Offset ball joints can also change caster, ie they aren’t just for a band aid on bent axles. I run the Teraflex ball joints with good results.

That sounds like a real pain in the :moon: way to adjust caster to me. There is also a factory adjuster for that on the lower control arm if you aren't running aftermarket adjustable arms of some type.

Never said it was the best or an easy way. But it can be done if your BJs are shot and you have a lift with all fixed arms.

Napa chassis is what I use on mine for frontend parts

Back