• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JV was a BLAST!!!

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang,

just got home from the day trip JV! left this morning at 5:00, got home at 11:00. What a great time. I will post pics in the morning as well provide details.

Lots of carnage - mostly door damage and such. I got my first real trail damage in 4.5 yrs. My passenger side rear door battled with a rock. Not to bad.

There were some folks that had major issues/carnage, but I will let them post about it.

No one got injured that I know of and almost everyone got to drive their rigs home - unless they trailered it there.

The food was great! Tons of raffle prizes. I won a set of Soft 8's !!! There were 2 sets of seats, a roof rack, 2 hi-lift jacks, e-z deflators, Tom Woods goodys, Crown goodys, pink t-shirts, and Matt's nutz, plus tons of other things - Oh yeah - several items from Napa - u-joints, unit bearings, power steering box, etc... too many to list (I can't remember right now)

I am tired, going to bed, will post more tomorrow.....

Long ass 21 hour day. I suffered some more body damage (the Jeep, not me). Now I have matching doors. Had to replace a radiator hose on the trail. Thanks to Curt for having a spare.

Great to see everybody. Thanks Goatman!

BTW Robert, how much do you want for those rims?

xjohnnyc said:
Long ass 21 hour day. I suffered some more body damage (the Jeep, not me). Now I have matching doors. Had to replace a radiator hose on the trail. Thanks to Curt for having a spare.

Great to see everybody. Thanks Goatman!

BTW Robert, how much do you want for those rims?

Don't tell me you broke the bling metal upper hose??

Clean-RC said:
Don't tell me you broke the bling metal upper hose??

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Here a few pics and a link to more.

a huge THANK YOU to Richard and all of the trail leaders, folks that cooked and helped with food and those who helped make this a fantastic event.

Thanks to Andy for leading Claw Hammer and Jes for all of the spotting, great job guys!

Clawhammer was like nothing I have run before. It was continually chaning as rocks moved with each person. Took us about 4 hours I think to do the trail with 12 Jeeps.

Josh conquered Claw with no issues or damage!

Johnny had the upper radiator hose issue and doesn't like straight doors.. Thanks to Curt for having a spare radiator hose.

Speaking of Curt, he loves beating the hell out of the rocks with his body of his MJ....

Hellbilly did a great job for his first time to JV. He got a little hung-up on the first obstacle, but he was trying to follow Andy... LOL Billy received a little body damage and used all of his armor.

MikeyL got a few new scratches. I don't remember everything or everyone's name that was with us.... SORRY.

Any ways, here are some pics and the link:

PHTO0408.jpg

This rock:
PHTO0409.jpg

Did this:
IMG_1271.jpg

PHTO0411.jpg

PHTO0361.jpg

PHTO0413.jpg

Do you see anything wrong here?
IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1260.jpg

BTW - here is my new 1-ton steering set-up....
IMG_1215.jpg

More pics here:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=xj7ztxt.5xjev215&x=0&y=-lf3jyp

After seeing the picture of the deployed airbag, all you guys wheelin with a 1996 cherokee, just remove the airbag before you go offroad, it's a self contained unit, there are no impact sensors anywhere, just pull it off, and leave it a camp, or in the back seat. If you hit it hard enough with your fist, it will hit back.

Justin

xjjeeper19 said:
After seeing the picture of the deployed airbag, all you guys wheelin with a 1996 cherokee, just remove the airbag before you go offroad, it's a self contained unit, there are no impact sensors anywhere, just pull it off, and leave it a camp, or in the back seat. If you hit it hard enough with your fist, it will hit back.

Justin
ummm I think he was happy that he had the airbag..... He flew a bit ;)

Kejtar said:

I am leaving the story to Kyung.....

well in that case it's a good thing, all i was trying to say is that you really don't have to hit anything with it to make it go off. the crash sensor is all contained in there.

justin

Kejtar said:
I was doing about 65 so I'm not surprised the bag went off.

Great Pictures, Look's like you all had a good time.
What all did every one win at the raffle?

Wow what a GERAT time & long ass day.....Left HB at 4am & got home at 11:30pm.

Thank you Richard for putting on a great event! Didn't win jack at the raffle but it was for a good cause.

My carnage,
Cashed in the rear drive shaft pretty good, cracked rear tail shaft on the trans lost 2 quarts on fluid on a big flat rock!,rear 1/4 damage & have to see what else once I get it off the trailer! Picked up a large metal spike in my trailer tire as well. It was great time wheeling with everyone & destroying our XJ's.
Thank you Robert for putting together the two early am meeting spots & had a great time hanging out with you & your buddy.. NICE PICS as well!

My pics from the day are here, enjoy!

http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u309/hellbilly86/JV%20Goat%20fest%202007/?mediafilter=images

Last edited:
JohnX said:
Uncovered beer belly?

Not mine! Though I do know who it is....

rpraterxj said:
Not mine! Though I do know who it is....

What...is it too close to christmas to call Santa a fat:moon:.

Back