• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reader's Rig's

my.php

Wolfe said:
Thats a good point. do you rely on flex to get over obstacles on the trail or do you just rely on brute strength to push the rocks out of your way?

It takes both... The more tires you can have on the ground, the better your traction is,,, and that's where you save your other parts.... If you have to rely on the throttle, or brute strength,, you start spending money replacing broken parts... So, flex isn't everything, but the more you have, the easier rocks are to get over... There are always exceptions though... If you have front and rear lockers, flex isn't as important,,, if you don't have any lockers,,, you better have alot of flex because otherwise, you would almost be stuck there in your ditch... Without a locker, once a wheel comes off the ground, that axle is not pulling,,,, flex helps keep the wheels on the ground.

YEA, im not fully flexin yet I still have sway bars and these are one day old front and rear springs so still a little stiff. I may get some discos but will be doing SYE and cv shaft first, I get a little hum when letting off the gas but im waiting for the springs to settle first so I can get the proper shaft and if the rear stays this high I may pull a leaf from the pack, I have about a 2" rake right now but from what I have read this is common with the rustys kit.

here's some before and afters of my 98 XJ
* 3.5inch Rough Country lift
* Mickey Thompson Wheels
* Aurora 31 x 10 x 15" tires

[ok, had links here, but the photos never showed up -- whats up with that?]

Everything so far came bundled as a kit from purchased from www.maximumperformanceaccessories.com

ok, so next thing I want to do is install tow hooks. I have the hooks but do I need the brackets or has anyone else attached them in any other way?

best, 009/

poser shot. i'll get this pic thing right one of these yrs

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr><td class="darktable" align="left" valign="top">
</td> <td class="darktable" align="left" valign="top">
14213c60re2.jpg
</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>
img%5D

009 said:
here's some before and afters of my 98 XJ
* 3.5inch Rough Country lift
* Mickey Thompson Wheels
* Aurora 31 x 10 x 15" tires

[ok, had links here, but the photos never showed up -- whats up with that?]

Everything so far came bundled as a kit from purchased from www.maximumperformanceaccessories.com

ok, so next thing I want to do is install tow hooks. I have the hooks but do I need the brackets or has anyone else attached them in any other way?

best, 009/

check on ebay for the brackets. i just picked up the hooks and brackets new for 45$

KodiakXJ said:
Actually, having trouble posting pics, any suggestions? using 5.0 mp camera. HELP

My XJ. Stock, but lots of stuff on order and in the works. Love this site!
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f338/kodiak864/IMG_1301-1.jpg
You've just got to get your links right. to post a photo use the image "[ img ]" but without the spaces in front and "[ /img ]" in back of the address. With Photobucket you have your photos on your photobucket page, under each photo are three lines of text, 1st ULR 2nd Tag 3rd IMG. All you have to do it highlight all that's in the box for IMG, then copy it, Then paste it to the naxja page that you are replying to. Then you're done. PM me if it's not clear yet, kind hard to type what I mean to say.:D

DAryl

KodiakXJ's XJ
IMG_1301-1.jpg

Last edited:
This is my new pride and joy... i picked it up a couple months ago. I just wish there were some nice trails and stuff in my area.. its too flat around here!!!!
2001 auto. 4x4
DSCF0008.jpg

diggin.jpg

wordup.jpg

RE 4.5'' Superflex lift.
Fox Racing reservoir shocks up front, some Pro Comps in the rear.
33'' Trxus tires on 15's

SteelblueSteve said:
What vehicle are the front quarter panels from? Are they custom made? Ton of clearance and super clean lines, I like them a lot.

They are custom made fiberglassed. the dude i bought it from had them put on. They are pretty sick b/c if i get some flex they stuff way up in the well, And now i just need to cut the rear or put some flares on.. b/c i wanna buy some 35's!!

Well, Finally got it figured out, I was making posting pics much more difficult than it is. Anyway,, test...test...test.....
Coming Soon 3.5" RE Lift, 31x10.50 BFG's, and much more(these rims are now for sale)
IMG_1300.jpg

i've tried to post pics many a time, but have failed to succeed every time. maybe some of you more technology savvy guys out there can lend me a hand
anyway......

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...1/DSCF0256.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...1/DSCF0257.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...1/dscf0194.jpg

96 Cherokee Country
Rusty's 3" with Full Packs Actual: 3" Front 4.5" Rear
RE Hack N Tap SYE w/ XJ front shaft
AW4/242
30 Front, 8.25" Rear
32x11.50 Kumho Venture M/T's on ZJ "Canyons"
Homebrew Front Swaybar Disconnects, Trashed Rear
Custom Cool Air Intake, Bored TB, High-flow Cat, FM-40 Muffler
In the Oven:
Recovery, Hellas, Leather , Tint and A few other comfort related items

87xjco said:
Mines mostly stock
Xentrance-1.jpg

I bet you could MAYBE fit some 31s on that without losing it's collectible value. 50 years from now when you take it to the Antiques Road Show, you'll need to put the original tires back on.

Back