• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

None operational V.I.C.

Da XJ nut

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Anyone on here have any idea about what cause the V.I.C (vehicle information center) to not work at all. My overhead display works when it wants to, my auto air comes on when it wants when it is in the off position and speedo works right half the time, the other half the time it never reads over 30 when I'm running with traffic on interstate 65+ MPH. any ideas on my electrical gremlins being related somehow or what could be causing my issues. I've had this 1993 ZJ limited 4.0 for about 4 months now. I've fixed the blower, exhaust leaks, swapped axles and installed 3.5" lift with 31 x 10.50 mud tires. none of my mods have cause the per existing problems

On my WJ my most recent issue was related to the driver side door boot having a wire that caused a short. Windows wouldn't go down, EVIC wouldn't read temp, doors wouldn't lock. I patched it and reset the battery and has worked fine since.

I have discovered that my door locks are now dead, all windows work fine from all switches and when i drove it 250 miles this past weekend holiday I hit a bump and radio went out like I turned off the switch. I think my issue is inside the dash or behind it with a shorted wire or bad ground bundle back there causing my multiple electrical gremlins

Back