• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Unicorn - a light duty trail rig

Cant wait to see the hardcore dana 30 install with the crappy steering!

We need extra pics for that please!!!

Oh, and the next time my post gets deleted I'm deleting this thread.... and I need to go reactivate the other post that were deleted as well

Last edited:

Oh, and the next time my post gets deleted I'm deleting this thread.... and I need to go reactivate the other post that were deleted as well

define crappy.

banandclean1-me.jpg

banandclean2-me.JPG

a shame really.

No posts got deleted, they were simply moved to the den where your drunk, shitty attitude belongs.

So you deleted your own posts and you're going to have a temper tantrum and delete this thread if you delete your own posts again? :wstupid:

No posts got deleted, they were simply moved to the den where your drunk, shitty attitude belongs.

You deleted two of davidradio's posts too..... for no obvious reason.

On the contrary...... I'm actually very impressed with this thread. Apparently 4643 was your best work

Last edited:
Combined with the sext stroker... This is a killer build!! Subd for updates

They were right here.

https://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1152254

Now it's just waiting until this weekend. We have to get Dallas's MJ fired and off the lift, and the Unicorn goes in to start the transplant.

Should get the new stroker, a genrite fuel tank, a front axle (wj converted) finally, 7075 front links, atlas shifters, 7100 shortbody's on all 4 corners, trans skid and t-case skid/crossmember on this go round. And maybe a spiffy 7075 traction bar.

They were right here.

https://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1152254

Now it's just waiting until this weekend. We have to get Dallas's MJ fired and off the lift, and the Unicorn goes in to start the transplant.

Should get the new stroker, a genrite fuel tank, a front axle (wj converted) finally, 7075 front links, atlas shifters, 7100 shortbody's on all 4 corners, trans skid and t-case skid/crossmember on this go round. And maybe a spiffy 7075 traction bar.
I followed that and now that it's done I figured it's time to nag you in here. Lol
So if your working on it this weekend does that mean you won't be joining us for AAT?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

As much as I actually want to be at AAT events, there are too many broken cars in the fleet to get away.

Back at it this weekend. Not a ton of pictures, but taking a car apart isn't all that interesting.

Tore the front of the car apart, drained oil, removed accessories.

20190324_110635-me.jpg

Looks like this engine has been leaking for a while.

20190324_123435-me.jpg

Saturday on facebook i was asking some kid HTF do you strip out a reverse torx bolt? Sunday, I found out how. You accidentally grab an e14 socket and put it on an e12 bolt.

20190324_150046-me.jpg

This is going to be fun. Now I get to pull the entire drivetrain and cut that bolt off.

Off with the exhaust and crossmember.

20190324_155037-me.jpg

Out with the t-case.

20190324_155044-me.jpg

Off with everything else! Now its time to yank this bitch like I'm pull starting a lawnmower.

Except I was alone in the shop, and its a bit much to manhandle the engine and trans together without a second set of hands, so I left it sitting like this until next weekend.

20190324_162319-me.jpg

I guess this has to wait. :(

20190324_163741-me.jpg

Now to decide, to I buy new e12 bolts or replace them with hex head?

Except I was alone in the shop, and its a bit much to manhandle the engine and trans together without a second set of hands, so I left it sitting like this until next weekend.

Now to decide, to I buy new e12 bolts or replace them with hex head?

Do it ya pansy! I pulled everything out using a overhead crane deal from HF, raised the engine and trans to the ceiling, pushed the jeep out of the way. Used a 4ish foot 2x4 to help force it where I needed.

Either Hex head or socket heads bolts. I used a 12 point socket on mine and got them out pretty easy but it was sitting on the shop floor. :laugh3:

Did you mention the exhuast setup you are going to run? Ima start (another) thread about it... But curious what the BEAST is gonna exhale with

Back