• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust video

Talyn

NAXJA Forum User
I took a short video of some short runs of my exhaust. Didn't have much room, but you can get the idea. There are 3 passed, first two I am on the throttle, last one i am just cruising by.

For exhaust I have a Doug Thorley header, 2.5" all the way back, Magnaflow high flow cat, Gibson cat back.

Its not terribly impressive. It has nice volume, but I think the sound just isn't there.

I've been thinking of changing the muffler for a Aero Turbine or Magnaflow to get a better note.

video:
http://youtu.be/MQW_eWPY_s0

I'm running the aero 2525 turbine. I love it! :greensmok Sounds flowmastery in lower rpms and idle, but has a nicer tone in the higher rpms. My exhaust setup is stock 96' down pipe with pinch removed, 2.5 inch thunderbolt cat, 2.5 inch aero turbine muffler, and 2.25 inch dynomax exhaust tail pipe with stainless 2.5 inch tip. Your exhaust sounds cool. :) I'll see if I can make a high quality video of it with my dad's phone to give you an idea.

Last edited:
I have a magnaflow on mine (was put one by PO) but i loved the flowmaster 40 on my 95, it sounded throaty, loved it.

i ran the long body 2.5" magnaflow for years and loved it. quiet at idle and deep and loud above 2500 RPM

I dunno - I kinda preferred the sound of the Magnoflow/Gibson setup... kind of OEM BMW sounding.

Does it drone at highway speeds?

Back