• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official SierraFest 2021 Thread

Mike, please invoice me for whole trip, large T-shirt.
Thanks!

just paid this morning, cant wait.

Mike, I wont be able to make the trip at all this year but I would like to do a tank top and a magnetic koozie

Thanks!

Noted - size Large? I sent you an invoice and I have your hoodie too from RenoFest - let me know if you're passing through Newcastle (off 193 and Gold Hill) and stop by to pick it up or we can meet up somewhere on a weekend or after work.

Updated list as of July 8th:

cjmike: Hermit - paid
Alboyxj87: Whole Trip - paid
Gordo: Whole Trip - Invoiced
Blondejon - Whole Trip - paid
Jeff and Matt - Hermit - paid
Justin Cordova - Whole Trip - paid
Bryan C - Hermit - paid
Twinhauler - Hermit - paid
GoozeXJ_88 - Hermit - paid
Ryan Shomsky - Whole Trip - paid - Welcome back to the SierraChapter (even though in a Toyota now) :woohoo:
Nickangus - Hermit - paid
Blake and Kellee Safrans - Whole Trip - Paid - NAXJA Sierra Chapter vendor - Reach out to Kellee for any Reno NV home loan needs! :attom:
Andrew Sharkey - Whole Trip - invoiced - Welcome to your first SierraFest! :cheers:
Ron Humphrey - Hermit - Paid - Welcome to your first Sierrafest! :woohoo:
XJensen - Hermit - invoiced
Nates2000XJ - TBD
EricsXJ - Whole Trip - Paid
Skipper - Whole Trip - paid
Alex Cruz - Whole Trip - paid - welcome to your first SierraFest from the NAXJA SoCal Chapter!
Tim Dhalen - Whole Trip - paid
Lou - Whole Trip - Invoiced
Alan and Dean - Whole Trip - Paid
Art - Whole Trip - Paid
Dan Reid - Whole Trip - Invoiced
Jason Cooke - Whole Trip - Paid
Joel Bakken - Hermit - Invoiced
Bill Souza - Whole Trip - cash at event
Chip Clip - TBD
Aaron Rea - Hermit - Paid
Justin Lagace - VENDOR - Lagace Welders - Hermit - Paid
Keith Newman - VENDOR - Newman Automotive - Hermit - Paid
James Johansen - Whole Trip - Paid

People for Shirts Only:

JohnX - Shirt only TBD
Anak - Shirt only TBD
Matt Neff - Shirt only - Paid

Last edited:
Noted - size Large? I sent you an invoice and I have your hoodie too from RenoFest - let me know if you're passing through Newcastle (off 193 and Gold Hill) and stop by to pick it up or we can meet up somewhere on a weekend or after work.

Thanks,

XL for the tanktop

Hello All, here's the final list as I have it right now - I'll check one last time in the morning for final pre-registrations to guarantee a shirt!

cjmike: Hermit - paid
Alboyxj87: Whole Trip - paid
Gordo: Whole Trip - Invoiced
Blondejon - Whole Trip - paid
Jeff and Matt - Hermit - paid
Justin Cordova - Whole Trip - paid
Bryan C - Hermit - paid
Twinhauler - Hermit - paid
GoozeXJ_88 - Hermit - paid
Ryan Shomsky - Whole Trip - paid - Welcome back to the SierraChapter (even though in a Toyota now) :woohoo:
Nickangus - Hermit - paid
Blake and Kellee Safrans - Whole Trip - Paid - NAXJA Sierra Chapter vendor - Reach out to Kellee for any Reno NV home loan needs! :attom:
Andrew Sharkey - Whole Trip - invoiced - Welcome to your first SierraFest! :cheers:
Ron Humphrey - Hermit - Paid - Welcome to your first Sierrafest! :woohoo:
XJensen - Hermit - Paid
Nates2000XJ - TBD
EricsXJ - Whole Trip - Paid
Skipper - Whole Trip - paid
Alex Cruz - Whole Trip - paid - welcome to your first SierraFest from the NAXJA SoCal Chapter!
Tim Dhalen - Whole Trip - paid
Lou - Whole Trip - Paid
Alan and Dean - Whole Trip - Paid
Art - Whole Trip - Paid
Dan Reid - Whole Trip - Paid
Jason Cooke - Whole Trip - Paid
Joel Bakken - Hermit - Paid
Bill Souza - Whole Trip - cash at event
Chip Clip - Whole Trip - Invoiced
Aaron Rea - Hermit - Paid
Justin Lagace - VENDOR - Lagace Welders - Hermit - Paid
Keith Newman - VENDOR - Newman Automotive - Hermit - Paid
James Johansen - Whole Trip - Paid
Billy Daniel - Paid - Whole trip
Albert Stewart - Invoiced - whole trip
Paul Vega - Invoiced - Whole trip

People for Shirts Only:

Matt Neff - Shirt only - Paid

Prepaid Tickets:

Chris: 13 tickets
Phil: 5 tickets (and 1 magnetic coozie)

Last edited:
So for those of us that are trailering our rigs what would be the best course of action?

What do other trailer queen owners plan on doing?

I hope to have my rig registered by this run and I dont mind driving on the road for a couple of miles, but... I have probably driven this thing a total of two entire miles on the road so I'm not incredibly confident sustaining higher speeds (on road) yet. I have recently adjusted/aligned/tightened/improved a number of things so that does give me more confidence.

This may involve more pavement miles than what you have in mind, but the last couple of years I've been parking my tow rig at Tahoe Valley Campground just South of the Y. They put you in their overflow parking area for 10 bucks/night.
Pros: Secure area, no back tracking to your tow rig.
Cons: 1.5hr+ drive on the 50 to Loon.

What about just parking the trailer at Tahoe trailhead on Monday morning and running the trail backwards until you meet the big group?

This may involve more pavement miles than what you have in mind, but the last couple of years I've been parking my tow rig at Tahoe Valley Campground just South of the Y. They put you in their overflow parking area for 10 bucks/night.

What about just parking the trailer at Tahoe trailhead on Monday morning and running the trail backwards until you meet the big group?

Both seem like ok options. I'll have to wait and see if I can manage to get this thing registered before the trip. Driving 1.5+ hours on the road might be a bit much, unless I get some more road miles in and become more confident with it at speed. I think I would rather park at the Tahoe side like Phil suggested so I can wheel like there's a trailer waiting for me at the end of the trail. I'll just have to be sure of where I'm going.

We just parked a tow rig at Tahoe valley campground. It used to be parking behind the locked gate, now they just put you in the back lot in the trees on the open area.

I park my tow rig at the Tahoe exit and drive around. It's a good feeling having a tow rig waiting haha. But yea it's like 1.5 drive after that.

I should have added, the folks at Tahoe valley campground are good people and there were no issues leaving my trailer out. It’s only $10 a day and i’ve had no issues for three times i’ve used them.

thats the site that Stanislaus said to use.

Question: Is this still the plan for the first half of the trip?

Saturday, August 7th: Camp at Loon Lake spillway

Sunday, August 8th: Group heading into the RTF Property, spot and camping until Tuesday August 10th.

Monday, August 9th: Anyone who camped Sunday night and heading in Monday, meet up at RTF spot - those at the spot, wheel the Granite View Loop and hang out.

Tuesday, August 10th: Wheel into Rubicon Springs - that evening, Taco Tuesday!

Do we need to bring a wag bag for the RTF camp site?

Last edited:
Yes on the wag bag for the RTF property.

Back