• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nice Comanche race truck build

IMG_2035.jpg

IMG_2036.jpg

IMG_2037.jpg

IMG_2038.jpg

IMG_2039.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

XJ_ranger said:
for the small price of 30,000 you can own it...

gonna buy it TJP?

http://jeepspeed.net/smf/index.php?topic=1951.0

IMG_1889.JPG

front hood kills it for me -
IMG_2396.jpg

I would have to split ways with the wife and sell my town house....

Tempting, Very tempting.

It would definately get the proper skins for sure.

Goatman said:
I'm starting a new thread for this one guys, so have at it. :D

You said we could have at it. :)

Now that I posted the all the build pictures I have lets talk some tech. I'm sure everybody can probably learn something just from the pictures. They speak Advanced Fabrication just by looking at them.

So let the discussion begin.

Awesome attention to detail. How much does it weigh? It looks heavy. How does it compare to professional desert race trucks weight wise?

xj92 said:
Awesome attention to detail. How much does it weigh? It looks heavy. How does it compare to professional desert race trucks weight wise?

Since it is built with 4130 chromoly tubing the tubing can be thinner then DOM.

As for comparing weight wise I'm sure it's on par with the other trucks in its classes.

Weight is different when your truck must withstand 1000's of miles of all out abuse. Strength and durability are more important. The suspension can be set-up to deal with whatever the weight is. It's probably lighter then alot of trail rigs out there.

Trophy trucks can weigh 6500 pounds and are down right wicked.

Very interesting steering design. I wondered about it when I saw it mounted under the front axle tube, but then I see they moved it to the top of the tube. Very ingenius way to allow for a ton of front axle travel without having steering issues. Of course, maybe this design is more common on desert trucks and I just haven't seen it before.

Any info on the motor?

I thought the steering was well built and outside "the box" design wise.

The more you look at the pictures the more details you see...

The only info I found was at JeepSpeed for sale link

Here's what the ad says about the build.

This is a completely custom built SCORE 7 Open race truck, stripped down to the two frame rails and built using only the best parts. 90% Complete Race Truck. All brand new parts: Custom TubeWorks front and rear axels, All 4130 chromally chassis. Autometer gauges, Ron Davis radiator, CNC master cylinders, McKenzie’s limit straps, PRP seats, Art Car shifter, Howe steering box with ram assist, -24 steel braided hose and fittings for radiator, Momo steering wheel, 2 ½ King bump stops in all four corners, Rear Shocks: 3”x 18” quad-bypass shocks with 2 ½” coil over, triple rate. Front Shocks: King 3” coil over with 4” King Kong reservoirs, 64 gallon custom fuel cell with duel fill, 6 OMF bead locks and tires. All exceptional work around the entire truck. Selling with the engine and trans, but will also consider selling as a rolling chasis.

This truck should still qualify for the 3700 class.

Back