• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please help - looking for my old rig.

Capt. Nemo

NAXJA Member #904
I sold my old rig to a buddy living in San Jose about 12 years ago, and he has since sold it - unknown time frame. It was a white two door XJ with a high pinion D44 front and a TrueHi9 rear with Curry housing. Atlas II transfer case, Walker Evans beadlocks with blue lock rings on 37” Goodyear MTR’s. Had a Warn 8274 winch as well with a homemade bumper. I have pics on my phone to confirm we are talking about the same Jeep if anyone recognizes my description. I’m interested in trying to track it down to possibly reacquire it. Thanks all!

Photo%20May%2008%2C%2008%3A53%3A39.jpg

Second attempt at adding a pic.

That's the one - appreciate the responses. Like Phil said, at least it's closure. Looks like I'll have to start with a clean slate. Thanks all.

There are lots of rigs from that era that don’t exist any more.

BC still has his, Crash still does, Jes has his I think....

Shit Phil’s green junk still exist like 15% of the original? Lol. I’ve still got my old pos and it did great last weekend. But the clean slate idea. Is the current plan. And it’s really not a bad choice.

Yeah I bought it for parts like 5-7 years ago. I dont think I bought it off you, some other random dude was selling it.

There are lots of rigs from that era that don’t exist any more.

BC still has his, Crash still does, Jes has his I think....

I think mine is gonna be chopped up and the Chinese will melt it down and turn it into rebar. All usable stuff will find its way into a buggy or other project.
BC's rig is for sale.
CRASH's PII chassis is going under the knife this Winter for 60s and coilovers.

Life has finally slowed down just enough for me to consider starting this all up again. I was going through old crap and found that old “Four Wheel Drive and Sport Utility” magazine with Jes on the front cover and started thinking about those trips. Letterman, BC, Goatman, Dave Taylor, Jes, Paul S, and a ton of others I’m forgetting. Good times.

Hell ya...

orig.jpg

Not sure what happened to Goatman's old rig or Dave Taylor's. Paul Sinclair's is still being wheeled by the guy he sold it to and Letterman sold his TJ some time ago.

If it was an 89, I have the comuter from it as a spare.

Shit Phil’s green junk still exist like 15% of the original?

Maybe less than 15% remains now. :confused1

And perhaps, calling it Kevin 'WesternXJ's rig may have been more appropriate?

Issue 35 of 4Low Magazine may have more details.

20190608_101721.jpg

Last edited:
Back