• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can I trade you all for twenty degrees worth of weather?

Anak

Stranger
NAXJA Member
My world today:

Oct29Snow68OPT.jpg

Reaction of Varmint #Last:

Oct29Snow17OPT.jpg

Reaction of Varmint #2:

Oct29Snow35OPT.jpg

Reaction of Varmint #4 (and pretty much myself):

Oct29Snow18OPT.jpg

It's a whole 'nuther world here.

BTW, I think I have figured out the annual weather pattern: 6 months of winter, 6 weeks of spring, 4 months of summer and 2-3 weeks of fall.

Except for the first guy, every one else seem to be in a state of shock, or is it disbelief?

Send me a return postage paid package and I will be happy send you a generous serving from South FL.

Except for the first guy, every one else seem to be in a state of shock, or is it disbelief?

Send me a return postage paid package and I will be happy send you a generous serving from South FL.

Varmint #Last is the crazy one. Varmint #2 and #4 are facing the reality that will be ours for the next 6 months. Call it shock. It is a painful realization.

BTW, Varmint #4 doesn't like snowballs. They are evil. Largely because they are impossible to find and retrieve.

How much can you fit in a large flat rate box?

I fueled up yesterday, and while doing so squeegeed off the windows. When I got home and went to open the hatch it looked like the squeegee fluid had been paint stripper. I had what looked like long ribbons of bubbled up paint. Upon closer inspection it was just that the squeegee fluid had frozen in segmented rivulets down the back of the hatch.

And that was mid-day.

Right now we could use a lot of your humidity.

I am ok with cold and snow, as long as it stays up in the mountains where it belongs.

20 degrees worth of weather just isn't going to cut it anymore. Probably a function of inflation. At any rate, I would like about 40 degrees more this year.

This was my weather station this morning:

121922Temps1OPT.jpg

It had actually been as low as 2.5 degrees. It took me a while to get moving well enough to take a picture of it.

And this was the temp in my shop:

121922Temps3OPT.jpg

Imma hafta get me one of those heated jackets.

And it's not even winter yet!

It is going to be a long time til spring.

I’m expecting great conditions this year for my annual UP snowmobile trip. Let it snow!

db7f72148e57675a2ea87ce1b09095ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a lot of family in Buffalo and I couldn't help but point out to them that while they're dealing with 4 feet of snow and freezing temps, it was 73 yesterday here in the desert.

I have a lot of family in Buffalo and I couldn't help but point out to them that while they're dealing with 4 feet of snow and freezing temps, it was 73 yesterday here in the desert.

Don't rub it in. North FL have been 20 for 4 straight nights and struggles to hit 40 in the daytime. All our fruit plants that have been in our backyard for years are no more.

It was down to 1 degree this past weekend today it got up to 64 degree's in West Virginia.

It was down to 1 degree this past weekend today it got up to 64 degree's in West Virginia.

West Virginia? at 64? That sounds like a heat storm. :laugh3: We are back in the 60's and 70's here in Northeast FL.
I worked there for 4 months. Came back to FL for Thanksgiving. Do not plan on going back. The second weekend of November in Beckley my vehicle door froze shut one morning. I did work in 4 cities there.

I always spray the rubber mouldings with silicone spray to keep them from freezing shut local news reports today the town of Beckley still has over 4000 homes business without water because of frozen water mains and water lines .

Back