• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about junk yard coil spring lifts

AwesomeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
What I'm wanting to know is if there are any other vehicles that I can pull the coils springs off of that would give me more than 3in. Of lift. Does anyone know of any?

you cant search.... ok, but can you at least READ THE THREAD HE POSTED?!?. i know for a fact somewhere in those 14 pages of junkyard mods, someone lists xxxxxxxxxxx or xxxx coils.... i feel like censoring it, because youre being so god damn lazy, i dont want to contribute to your laziness.

There's a thread detailing all of the junkyard upgrades available in the mod tech forum. There's also been a few talking about which coils you can run.

EDIT: The thread posted is the thread I was thinking of.

Sorry tapatalk doesn't let you do advanced search. and don't have enough time at work to read every post in that link. I was just trying to see if someone knew off the top of their head. Though maybe someone could help a guy out.... guess not. I'm home now so I'll just search and read. Thanks.

Quit being Search nazis guys! :doh: My buddy runs Mercury cougar coils on his XJ and it rides surprisingly well! He used the coil and the top cap of the strut and it works good. He got around 3" with them.

thanks for all the help. I just went to pick n pull today and tested fitted a few coils and didn't find anything that gave me anymore lift than i already have. so I'm just going to get regular lift springs.

The Cougar is essentially a rebadged Thunderbird, might possibly be a little softer though...

LOL, that's new and different. What year were the coils from? Very interesting. :)

I'll have to ask him. I'm sure t-bird and cougar Coils are the same. He just got them off of a cougar.

Back