• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motor Mount Bolt Size?

Just got off the phone with my new friend - the Jeep parts guy at the dealership. The bolt size is 12x1.75. I don't know what that means, but it is a size of nut listed on the Fastenal website. Hopefully this helps someone else!

ahhh, they're metric then. M12 (12mm diameter) and 1.75mm thread to thread pitch. You want nuts with captive fender washers for the bottom of the mounts, a flanged staked nut for the top of the passenger side mount, and an M12x1.75 flange bolt of ISO property class 10.9 or above for the top of the driver side mount.

They take a 15mm wrench... that much I know.

Thanks kastein! That helps a bunch. The passenger side is missing and I notice the driver's side is definitely a replacement. Any ideas what the previous owner did or didn't do? The mount bracket looks new on the passenger side.

They probably just forgot to put them back on, or didn't tighten them down enough... you'd be surprised what some people will do to cars.

I've gone through this a couple times over the last two weeks due to pulling a drivetrain for a tranny swap, sadly didn't have new engine mounts on hand to install at the same time.

While you are under there, take a look at the bolts that hold the mount brackets to the engine block--they like to fall out or shear off.

"they like to fall out or shear off" - I wouldn't doubt if they have. It seems as if I've inherited all the "quirks" of an XJ. I'm finding most are fairly easy to fix and parts seem cheap. Is this the impression of others?

That's my general impression... it's why I own 3 XJ/MJ family vehicles now :roflmao:

Parts are even cheaper when you get em at the junkyard.

That's my general impression... it's why I own 3 XJ/MJ family vehicles now :roflmao:

Parts are even cheaper when you get em at the junkyard.

"Salvage" yard for parts, junkyard for home decorations! :gee:

Back