• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leaf spring suggestions

You're absolutely going to need shackle relocation brackets in the rear and likely new mounts in the front.

https://www.ironman4x4fab.com/product-page/xj-leaf-spring-mount-stretch-kit

Longer leafs ride and articulate better than shorter ones do. It's all in how much work and money you're willing to put into it. By the time you buy skackle relocation brackets (HD Offroad Engineering's version is my preference) and new mounts for the front, those JY leafs aren't the cheaper option any longer.

We ran Deavers's G80 leafs for a big bronco on the KOH XJ. It was a lot of work but very worth it.

IMG_20160528_085455563_zpsq1kgsynu-me.jpg

If you aren't buying a top shelf race quality leaf pack from a company like Deaver, National or Alcan it will not be worth your effort.

I had some full size dodge van leafs which are basically bolt in. They are longer from the centering pin back. Definitely want shackle re-locators to dial in the angle. Flex was really good and it was a cheap upgrade. Beware the front eye on the dodge leaf spring bushing, atleast the one I had, was a touch larger than the stock fastener for the XJ front eye bushing.

BDECEED4-4482-41BC-B8F9-996B7DDE021A_zpszwu7w1ht.jpg

Last edited:
Second on the Deavers. Just put a set on mine and the ride improvement is incredible

Does Deaver sell direct? Any decent online retailers for Deaver?

I'm on the east coast -- Looks like the only NJ dealer is a hot rod Mustang/Raptor place

Yes they sell direct, just call them and ask for Scott.

tell him you're a friend of cal's, might be good for a little bit off

Does Deaver sell direct? Any decent online retailers for Deaver?

I'm on the east coast -- Looks like the only NJ dealer is a hot rod Mustang/Raptor place

I bought direct and had them shipped to Texas no issue.

maul jeep looks awsome i got some durango springs at jy 40$ hope comes out as good as yours maul i will also get relocators and post pics for everyone else looking to do similar swap for refrence

This is the best chart I've found. Front length determines wheel position in the wheel well unless you move the bucket too. Rear length determines shackle angle unless you move the shackle mount too. Spring rate is relative to stock.

Leaf_Spring_Length.png

Great chart. I used an f150 main and my 6" aclan pack. The main does not site right with the aclan but it worked. Also mine is a hacked up trail jeep.

Did you buy leaf's for XJ or different application?

I bought their off the shelf XJ 4" leaf packs. Going to test them out this weekend

I had some full size dodge van leafs which are basically bolt in. They are longer from the centering pin back. Definitely want shackle re-locators to dial in the angle. Flex was really good and it was a cheap upgrade. Beware the front eye on the dodge leaf spring bushing, atleast the one I had, was a touch larger than the stock fastener for the XJ front eye bushing.

BDECEED4-4482-41BC-B8F9-996B7DDE021A_zpszwu7w1ht.jpg

Looks good, but it also looks like you need a spring with more distance between the front eye and the center pin to move that axle back more (or put on some offset spring perches).

How much lift did you get? let me know how they do.

I'll let you know. Lift wise it feels about back to where it was when I bought it from you, the leaves were getting a bit saggy due to the tire carrier.

Looks good, but it also looks like you need a spring with more distance between the front eye and the center pin to move that axle back more (or put on some offset spring perches).

Offset blocks were put in. I think 1.5” it pushed it back as far as anyone would want to go really.
657e47ebb92d1d49df52c14d3858a864.jpg

Moved onto triangulated 4 link and coilovers :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offset blocks were put in. I think 1.5” it pushed it back as far as anyone would want to go really.
657e47ebb92d1d49df52c14d3858a864.jpg

Moved onto triangulated 4 link and coilovers :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HA...and in that pic it almost looks like it is back too far (based on wheel well centering).

What rims are those? They look like TJ Rubi's but with std backspace.

Back