• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapter Rigs

Here's my girl.. She's a 98.

zn3j.jpg

The goods
National 4.5" 11 leaf pack
JKS Shackles
4.5" Coils
Upper and lower control arms with johnny joints
HD Tie rod
4.11 gears
lunchbox in the front
LSD in the rear
32" BFG's
SS Brake lines
I'm sure there's a few other things I'm leaving out..

Looks good and it trail ready:sunshine::sunshine:

Hope to wheel with you this year. :viking:

Thank's Skipper! I will def be wheeling a lot this summer.. I just need to get some front end issues worked out before hand..

Thank's Skipper! I will def be wheeling a lot this summer.. I just need to get some front end issues worked out before hand..

you're only on 32's bro. I'd worry more about Chromo axles and drivelines than a truss.

Grab an SYE and some good driveshafts, and Chromo axleshafts. And if you have a Dana 35 rear, get rid of that POS and go with something better. I wouldn't really worry about trussing unless you either plan on jumping it, or going bigger than 35's.

Edit: And steering. Make it beefy.

Last edited:
No need for chromos even with 32s
I rock stock both locked on 33s
He has an hd tie rod which is also just fine IMO

Spend the money on a locker and the rest on wheeling trips :D :D

you're only on 32's bro. I'd worry more about Chromo axles and drivelines than a truss.

Grab an SYE and some good driveshafts, and Chromo axleshafts. And if you have a Dana 35 rear, get rid of that POS and go with something better. I wouldn't really worry about trussing unless you either plan on jumping it, or going bigger than 35's.

Edit: And steering. Make it beefy.

I didn't mean trussing.. I need to replace my ball joints and ujoints.. they are all worn. I do have an SYE and a RE driveshaft.

I didn't mean trussing.. I need to replace my ball joints and ujoints.. they are all worn. I do have an SYE and a RE driveshaft.

Alright, that makes WAAYYY more sense. haha Big difference!

Alright, that makes WAAYYY more sense. haha Big difference!

Haha for sure... I might be putting her up for sale soon.. Not sure yet.

ypyma7aj.jpg

Hi all. I have a 99 SE. Picked it up about a year ago. I am from concord. Looking forward to taking her out more often now that she is getting somewhere. Still need lockers and skids / bumpers

I try to wrench at my buddy's shop in concord. But he is getting busy these days. I'll keep you in mind though. Any chance you do gears? Sliders is on the short list. I still haven't installed that Durango box

Doing sliders stiffeners and flat belly right now. I don't do gears yet. Though I have. I will be getting that Yukon bearing puller set soon though. So that will change.

Doing sliders stiffeners and flat belly right now. I don't do gears yet. Though I have. I will be getting that Yukon bearing puller set soon though. So that will change.

Does your xj have a big fox sticker on the back window? I am interested to see your sliders. I ordered some 2x6 steel from moose metal a few weeks ago, still waiting for a call from them. Where do you get your metal?

No I don't have a fox sticker in the window. I have a tire carrier that takes up most of the back. I do have my Naxja sticker back there though.
vysa4a3y.jpg

de7aryre.jpg

Yeah I also go my steel from moose. Probably won't go there again. I endup spending way too much money. I'm actually doing mini boatsides. So a stick of 1/4" c- notch and a 4x8 sheet of 1/4" later and I dropped about 480$ on steel from them. With a few cuts and presses it added up way to quick. I've heard of a better place in San Leandro where you only buy what you need instead of having to buy gross.

I just finished up my stiffeners and now undertaking a trans and motor swap with doubler and d300. Once that is sorted I will then be doing my boatsides. They may have to wait till after the Memorial Day run. I might have to throw my old bolt on sliders back on for that run.

Last edited:
Moose didn't even give me a quote when I ordered. Have you tried design construction on Howe rd or Pacheco? I haven't been there but I heard that they sell metal. My work uses them for some odd metal fab stuff that my boss dreams up

So you didn't pay them yet? If not they won't order it. Probably why you haven't gotten a call. Again lame on them.

This is my first steel purchasing experience. I'm deffinately going to shop around next time. They were just really convenient as my shop is literally down the street on Detroit. I will have plenty of material left over to build all kinds of other projects. I just had more immediate plans for that money... Oh well.

Alco Metal in San Leandro FTW!! They have the best prices, lots of scrap deals and the best service! http://www.alcometals.com/

Back