• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 XJ 8.25 Disc and lug pattern conversion ?

SiteRnr

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to convert the 8.25 to 5 x 5.5 pattern ? I want to put on the Warn front 5 x 5.5 locking hubs along with the knuckle and brake upgrades and do the rear disc brake upgrade and convert it to the same pattern ? This is the Warn kit i want to use :

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16132_99_07.htm

did not know if the rear axle shafts could be changed to make everything the same ? and if so where i could get the new parts for it ?

Thanks for any help ;)

SiteRnr

You could use adapters with minimal offset difference. There are a lot of companies out there that make them. Even ebay has them available...

Yea .. I wanted to not use an adapter ... was looking for axle shaft replacement with the 5 x 5.5 pattern if anyone knows where I can find such a thing ??

Probably have to check around and see if someone like Yukon, Alloy USA or Superior makes replacement shafts for the 8.25 that are of a different bolt pattern....

Alloy-USA offers 8.25 shafts with the 5x5.5 bolt pattern, I'm pretty sure superior does too - but alloy-usa's warrentee is better.

Any aftermarket company should be able to drill a 5x5.5 pattern if you request it when you order shafts. Some companies sell shafts drilled with both 5x4.5 and 5x5.5 so can use either one.

Just a thought. But once you install the Warn kit your front will be about 1" wider on each side than the rear. Using a 1" wheel adapter with the 5X5.5 pattern would be cheaper and keep your axles the same width.

jeepme said:
Just a thought. But once you install the Warn kit your front will be about 1" wider on each side than the rear. Using a 1" wheel adapter with the 5X5.5 pattern would be cheaper and keep your axles the same width.

Thats true of the 5x4.5 hub kit, but the 8 or 9 5x5.5 hub kits I have looked at in the last month did not change WMS.

Even if it did, a narrower rear axle is usually an advantage. :)

cal said:
Alloy-USA offers 8.25 shafts with the 5x5.5 bolt pattern, I'm pretty sure superior does too - but alloy-usa's warrentee is better.

Alloy-USA's warranty is 10 year and Superior's Evolution Series Axle Shafts warranty is lifetime and they are stronger.

Go to AlloyUSA's site...or superior's site....

damn double post...

Well, thats false advertising on their part!

To me, it looks like their "Evolution" axles have a big ass hole drilled in them for some reason...? the standard ones dont have the giant hole.

I'd say check out Alloy USA's site, but personally, I think it sucks :) you pretty much have to request a paper catalog from them....

JNickel101 said:
To me, it looks like their "Evolution" axles have a big ass hole drilled in them for some reason...? the standard ones dont have the giant hole.
i would have to venture a guess that they're using a generic picture of an axle there. that hole would be there so you could get at the retaining/backing plate bolts some types of axles use. just a guess though.

Back