• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2021 SOCALFEST

SOO.... since there is a chance of this happening, anyone wanna share/sell a spot? i'll bring a lot of beer.

I may have one vehicle space available (my double gives me 4 car spots but I sold off half), but I think I already offered it to Justin, so see if he's still planning to go.

I have a spot, but I think I'm just gonna day trip up if someone wants to buy it off of me.

Justin here, with SoCal Fest coming up very shortly. Is this still an actual Naxja Event or going to be an unofficial thing?

I haven't received any information about printing shirts for the event? I usually get a count about 2 weeks before the event to make that happen. Are we still having a raffle? Last I checked there's 2 vendors? Saturday BBQ?

I understand the forest has been closed but these are things we can still plan on or had a backup plan for calico or JV? where's the President or VP on this stuff? Seams like they both been MIA and the president now resides on the east coast.

As of now who's actually coming out to wheel?

Hey Justin and everyone:

Sorry for the lack of updating, things ARE getting taken care of behind the scenes (Mark, Ryan, Tim & I are working on things) but everyone seems to have something weird going on in their non-Jeeping life.

No shirts this time around, for a multitude of reasons. We will have the 15th Anniversary T-Shirts & Tank Tops for sale though.

Still going to have a raffle & dinner. We'll have new Chapter hats that will be part of a combo pack with raffle tickets and such, as well as sold separately. Tim is trying to beat up the Chapter Store and make it work.

I won't be wheeling, but I'll be there!

I'm still a maybe, although I am xj-less and the mj resides in AZ. I do have a Tahoe on 35s, so if I make it I will probably stick to an easy trail, maybe gold mountain?

I'm looking forward to it also, though it's gonna be a weird one in some ways.

I, and probably everyone that reserved a campsite, got a notice saying there are no campfires allowed. You can't even smoke except in an enclosed vehicle...

"This is an update related to your Recreation.gov reservation at SERRANO. The dates affected are 8/25/2021 - 12/1/2021.

There are currently fire restrictions at our facility that prohibit all fires, including those in fire rings, as well as charcoal usage and smoking (except in an enclosed vehicle). Gas stoves, grills and lanterns with a shut-off valve are permitted only if they’re used at least three feet away from flammable materials such as grass or pine needles. These fire restrictions are in place due to high fire danger in the area. You can find more information about these restrictions on our agency website. We expect fire restrictions to be in effect during your visit and wanted to provide you with the information needed to plan accordingly for your trip. Please contact our facility if you have any questions or would like additional information.
"

See if anyone has a propane fire pit.

Not allowed to smoke unless you are in an enclosed vehicle? Hmm... What am I supposed to do if I catch fire? Jump in a car? Doesn't make any sense to me at all.

See if anyone has a propane fire pit.

Not allowed to smoke unless you are in an enclosed vehicle? Hmm... What am I supposed to do if I catch fire? Jump in a car? Doesn't make any sense to me at all.

I have a propane fire pit. Was allowed to use it a couple weeks ago.

Instead of bringing firewood people, bring a filled propane tank. I think Sequoia has a pp firepit as well. They can be hungry little boogers.

Looking forward to catching up with you too Cal.

Is there a meeting time and place for the Saturday runs?

There's plans for a night run on Friday up John Bull. 4 rigs I believe are doing it. Saturday Holcomb and Dishpan. Or gold mount for the sticker rigs.

There's plans for a night run on Friday up John Bull. 4 rigs I believe are doing it. Saturday Holcomb and Dishpan. Or gold mount for the sticker rigs.

Thanks. I’m only coming for Saturday. In the past we’d meet at the discovery center to break out into the trail runs. Was curious where and when i should meet everyone for the runs.

Thanks. I’m only coming for Saturday. In the past we’d meet at the discovery center to break out into the trail runs. Was curious where and when i should meet everyone for the runs.

Yea I'm betting that's were we would meetup on Saturday or outside of the serrano camp like we have done in the past.

I think we should meet at the Discovery center, presuming that it's open. Is 9:00 a.m. a reasonable starting point for most?

I hope everyone has a great time. Wish I could make it, but not in the cards this year (again). Maybe next year if I get myself moved.

Can I buy some raffle tickets remotely?

David Bricker / SYR - ITO

Back