• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

ever heard of a slow burn? 10 gallons for a rapid wallet consumption! slooooowwww burn!

At 3.xx a gallon, that's an expensive bonfire!

Ohh it was totally worth it... :flame::D

We didn't need gas after that, just kept putting wood on. I might be a pyro

Day 17 in this strange land: I was stopped by the Carabinieri while entering base this morning. They run a checkpoint before the US gate and do random stops. They didn't ask for paperwork, proof of insurance, or a license. They did however want to know the engine displacement, what the CB was, how OBA works, what the beadlocks do, and I quote "is it fun?". 20 minutes of conversation in broken Italian and I was on my way. Oh ya, they never asked about snow chains.

Day 17 in this strange land: I was stopped by the Carabinieri while entering base this morning. They run a checkpoint before the US gate and do random stops. They didn't ask for paperwork, proof of insurance, or a license. They did however want to know the engine displacement, what the CB was, how OBA works, what the beadlocks do, and I quote "is it fun?". 20 minutes of conversation in broken Italian and I was on my way. Oh ya, they never asked about snow chains.

Nice! I love talking Jeep!

how do you kill a steering box with mud? I can understand the electrical stuff.

And I hate mud.

how do you kill a steering box with mud? I can understand the electrical stuff.

And I hate mud.

You've never met him, have you? :D

As for me, finally back on American soil for the first time in two weeks. Wasn't the best of flights back either. 13 hours of flying total, 11 of which with 2 little kids who did not stop screaming and crying for any bit of those 11 hours.

Once again, the German Airline failed to take my bag off their plane, and put it onto the US Air flight I was picking up. Seeing as how i'm pushing around 24 hours now with no sleep, I think I'll wait till the morning before raising a new kind of hell with the German airline.

front seal went bad in a horrible way after the mud pit and the dead spot in the steering was far worse from then on. So I replaced the box and it was all better! haha.

I'm also the same guy that sheared my main leaf spring from its mount. Tim can also tell you the other horror stories of the shit I have repaired that I "didn't know was that bad" haha

front seal went bad in a horrible way after the mud pit and the dead spot in the steering was far worse from then on. So I replaced the box and it was all better! haha.

I'm also the same guy that sheared my main leaf spring from its mount. Tim can also tell you the other horror stories of the shit I have repaired that I "didn't know was that bad" haha
I don't replace ujoints till they look like this... lol

200768_548863750772_29101008_31796813_8333401_n.jpg

that one gave me massage chair grade vibration at any speed above 20mph. BARELY made it home at 1am last winter doing 50. It wasn't even riding on the ujoint anymore, the trunnions had melted (as you can see) and the shiny spots on the yoke ears there are from where it was pushing on the pinion yoke. It had like 30 degrees of play rotationally.

Back