• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Projext "V8 XJ" Build

The art car shifters are awesome! And I love my Novak radiator, it works extremely well with the V8. I'm running it in a closed system with an expansion tank. The new rig is awesome BTW!

I'm excited to get it. I hope it can keep up in the Vegas heat. I'll be running it as an open system just like the stock XJ.

I have towed in 110 heat with hills and it did fine. Running two 10" spal fans a a small cheap 8" fan. Rarely are both spams on and I run around 200f. Also I found that a small oil cooler really helps with the overall temp, something to consider....

Ordered:
- Fuel system check valve (I noticed longer than normal cranking times before)
- More -6 AN hose so I can re-do a few lines (Novak radiator also doesnt have a transmission cooler so I'll have to re-do those lines.
- New fuel pump module (might as well fix it now because I'm basically re-starting this swap)

Ordered a bunch of wiring and connectors.

Installed the Walbro 255 fuel pump installed in the module. Just need to drill a hole for the fuel return. I'll do that when I'm ready to do the install. Just trying to get as much stuff set up right now as possible.

I laid my first ever weld last night. Its just on some thin 16g stuff I had laying around from my overhead switch panel. I dont know a whole lot about welding but I didnt think it looked too bad.
qj7eWof.jpg

Here's what the fuel pump assembly will look like (pretty much factory)
yhx9nYd.jpg

So I may also switch over to a custom gauge cluster. What do you guys think?

I like the stock XJ cluster design.. all gauges can work with the LS, although for the tach you need the pricey novak emulator

on another hand with the custom gauges you can have your own design and it is easier to make them work. but quality gauges cost some money...

I vote for stock cluster

I like the stock XJ cluster design.. all gauges can work with the LS, although for the tach you need the pricey novak emulator

on another hand with the custom gauges you can have your own design and it is easier to make them work. but quality gauges cost some money...

I vote for stock cluster

I like the stock cluster too. I think the main reason I'd like to do autometer gauges is the fact that I can pretty much eliminate the XJ engine harness. I always like eliminating more wires.

Autometer also makes this:
5381_17.jpg

I ordered some Dirtbound rear frame stiffeners. I liked the way they mounted and hugged the rear of the frame. Should be here on Friday

Novak radiator, triple fans, and regulator bypass should also be here Friday.

Back