• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone restored their faded toggle switches? (locks, defrost, etc)

BALTANAKT

NAXJA Forum User
Was curious if anyone had restored their faded switched back to black and what did you use?

I tried some 303 last week with zero success...

I thought maybe I'd try some Meguire's black restorer, but would that stuff cover the white graphics on them?

I tried about 10 different products all claiming to restore plastic to its original finish. I had no success. I ended up replacing them with contura style switches. They have different connections (meaning the factory plug won’t work) but there are configurations available to replace all of the factory switches. The rear wiper switch was the hardest to get the configuration right on but it does work and you get a bonus indicator light. Mine came from Blue Sea but there are many companies selling them at this point. I went to a West Marine store and was able to get what I needed in one stop.

If you find something that works to clean up the factory ones I’d love to know. I’ve got plenty of other 22 year old plastic bits that need restoration!

Back