• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installing extra 1.5" of lift!!!!!

Mrbreeze824

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys got a 3.5" RE super ride lift on my 99. Found a deal last week on 1.5 coil spacers and extended shackles. My question is what else will I need to do after I install. Jeep already has a SYE and adjustable trac bar. Some one told me I may have to shim the rear end, but I thought the shackles rotated the rear end a little. ?????

What else do you have installed ? Longer and/or adjustable Control arms and control arm drop brackets would be an excellent idea if you plan on driving much. Will the shocks be long enough ? Shims will probably be needed.

Longer shackles will rotate the pinion up. I believe its roughly 1 degree for every inch the shackle is longer. Shackles can screw up your leafs. I believe different springs or shackle relocation brackets are better solutions.

Longer shackles will rotate the pinion up. I believe its roughly 1 degree for every inch the shackle is longer. Shackles can screw up your leafs. I believe different springs or shackle relocation brackets are better solutions.

How do shackles screw up leafs? How many people do you think still have stock shackles?

Sorry guys. Yeah wanting to go a little taller, and I forgot to mention the lift came with shocks. I have the control arms that came with the 3.5" lift installed as well.

Lift shackles change the leverage on the spring and make the weak stock leafs fail very quickly. I had a slight positive arch on my leafs, installed 2" lift shackles, just commuted for maybe 3 days before the springs went full on negative... I built an AMC/Jeep bast are pack from the pack I built for my Wagon and put the stock shackles back on, I gained an inch over where the stock springs were with 2" shackles before they killed the springs...

Back