• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

It has the wood radio bezel if that is what you are wanting. Not sure of overall condition, but looked good in the pics. I will let ya know tonight. If it is good you will get the saucy price ;)

Cheese "I have wood" Man

Re: Re: Important

It has the wood radio bezel if that is what you are wanting. Not sure of overall condition, but looked good in the pics. I will let ya know tonight. If it is good you will get the saucy price ;)

Cheese "I have wood" Man
You da (cheezey) man!

It's hard to f them up unless someone paints them

Cheese sauce, yum.

Damn, you were near "Cheeseland" if you were south of DSM. I have special treats for out of town visitors :D

Yes leather, but it is tan, which would look like donkey balls with a silver XJ....unless you like donkey balls, and in that case, I can hook a brother up. I am likely going to replace the cloth in the 97 with the leather bc it is tan too. Looks to have good parts, but I bought it cheap enough that I want the t-case and a few other goodies and then off to the crusher full of other scrap. Has a great front clip from what I can see. Will know this evening for sure how nice or crappy is all is.

Cheese "donkey balls" Man

cheesey...i have tan interior :) i would buy the seats if you wanna sell them. if it has good carpet and a good headliner, i would also be interested in that if you don't need them for your other jeep. my new jeep is a little stinky, so i'm going to get rid of the carpet at the very least. hit me up if you are interested in selling any of it

solar powered cheese machine has my vote.....or a solar powered rub-n-tug machine, but that may be more difficult bc if u got caught outside using that you would probably get put on a sexual offender list....

Cheese "stay away from school zones" man

dude, they make these things called wires, you don't have to be outside.

unless that's your thing, I don't judge.

cheesey...i have tan interior :) i would buy the seats if you wanna sell them. if it has good carpet and a good headliner, i would also be interested in that if you don't need them for your other jeep. my new jeep is a little stinky, so i'm going to get rid of the carpet at the very least. hit me up if you are interested in selling any of it

I called dibs.

Good morning!

those are the best days.

I also have noticed your pics. pretty cool stuff, since it has a lot to do with what im in school for.
out of curiosity, what did you go to school for and what degree did you get?

2yr or 4yr?

including drive time i work 56 hours a week.

i walked into class yesterday and teacher starts the course introduction(everyone in class has had this teacher before) he goes on a couple of times to say
"you guys didn't get here by accident. you are the best of the best"
:eek:
i don't believe that crap. i feel like i stumbled into this class like a drunken white girl.

goes on to say that the rumors we heard are true. this is probably the hardest class of the whole degree.

one cool thing is we take the final exam 5 weeks early so after we get that crap out of the way we have 5 weeks to build from scratch and present a project.

my current thought(with zero research so far since this just started last night) is a solar powered FM radio that i can bring with me on camping trips.

If you have to build the radio part too that is going to get complicated fast. FM demodulation isn't THAT simple, but it isn't complex either.

Let me know if you need a hand with this stuff or need any tips/questions answered. If you want to design a PCB for your project I know that stuff too, and where to have them fabricated. This is (aside from your solar/energy focus) basically what I do for a living.

I'd just buy an FM kit, then build your a solar power supply.

since it's for renewable energies I'd think they don't care so much about the FM part and mostly about the power regulation part.

which should honestly not be that bad.

If you have to build the radio part too that is going to get complicated fast. FM demodulation isn't THAT simple, but it isn't complex either.

Let me know if you need a hand with this stuff or need any tips/questions answered. If you want to design a PCB for your project I know that stuff too, and where to have them fabricated. This is (aside from your solar/energy focus) basically what I do for a living.

yea he said he did not want to see anything "simple" he wants us to turn in 5 options in 3 weeks. then he will guide us on which one to go with.

i had a feeling that you and a couple others would be able to help me. thanks for the future assistance:clap:

I'd just buy an FM kit, then build your a solar power supply.

since it's for renewable energies I'd think they don't care so much about the FM part and mostly about the power regulation part.

which should honestly not be that bad.

that is the current plan. he gave us websites we could check out kits at. this class is just the electrical part of the degree, nothing really to do with renewable. but i thought i may bring some of my renewable knowledge into it just to spice it up.

the more complex and original the project the better the grade.

good news is, it is graded one a curve.

the more complex and original the project the better the grade.

only someone in academia would judge an electrical project on how complex it is. usually the goal is as simple as possible and still accomplish a given task. The simpler the better, not some rube goldberg contest.

Is there a cerent trick to get the speedo gear in the t-case to read? I swapped out the one in the zj the other day with the one that originally came with the jeep and it doesn't read at all. Just stays at 0. If i swap it back out with the one that originally came in the 242 t-case we swapped in it start reading on the gauge again. Would like to get the original zj one back in it so that the mph is correct instead of being about 5-10 mph off.

I also have noticed your pics. pretty cool stuff, since it has a lot to do with what im in school for.
out of curiosity, what did you go to school for and what degree did you get?

Went to school for and graduated with a 4yr degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology. We do the actual design of the switch. All the electrical side of it is done by the utility company (thank god). So, all of us here have ME degrees of some sort.

Oddly enough, electrical was the part I hated the most about school. Swore i'd never use it in my life outside of the basics for things like house and car. Now I work with everything from from 34.5kV-230kV and 600A-3000A.

We're starting to experiment with some 500kV stuff for the California market. We can barely build the one style switch we've tested for it in our shop...it's pretty damn big.

Uncc 'that's what she said' 99xj

Is there a cerent trick to get the speedo gear in the t-case to read? I swapped out the one in the zj the other day with the one that originally came with the jeep and it doesn't read at all. Just stays at 0. If i swap it back out with the one that originally came in the 242 t-case we swapped in it start reading on the gauge again. Would like to get the original zj one back in it so that the mph is correct instead of being about 5-10 mph off.

If the new speedo gear falls in a different tooth count range then you may need to rotate it 90 or 180 degrees and reinstall. There are 3 valid ways to install it depending on which gear you are using.

speedo07.jpg

Back