• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whats it take to run 32s?

paroxysym

NAXJA Forum User
I noticed a jeep for sale locally that was running a set of JK wheels with the stock bridgestones on them. the stock bridgestones on a JK are a 32x10(roughly). im wondering what it takes to run that size tire on these? I know on my old 95, it took 3" and 31s fit comfortably. this XJ with the JK wheels has alittle room in the fenders, but not much.

those running 32s, what are you running for a lift? would you go smaller lift with a set of flares to open the wheel wells up?

[/QUOTE]

Off topic,...

Who made that front bumper? How far does it stick out past the grill, approximately?

That is a beautiful MJ.

:eyes:

If you don't plan to go off-road you could probably get away with 3" of lift and a little trim. If you plan to go off-road much, you will need 3-4" of lift and a lot of trimming to allow for articulation.
This.
I used rub with 31's and a 3" lift before some minor trimming

When I started building my XJ, I chose 4 1/2" and 32s thinking I could get away with not trimming. I was wrong, it rubbed before I backed out of the driveway. Sooo... trimmed fenders (for bushwacker flat flares), now I have plenty of room.

I ended up with 5.5" lift on my '98.
32 x 11.50 BFG/MT's on 7" rims, 4.5 BS steelies...
Stock flairs, no trimming. No trimming front fender inner wheel well seam.
Different front bumper, so no rubbing there.
Stuff's easily at all corners, with no rubbing anywhere....

I know if I go 33's; then it will be trim city, and wider 8" rims. Current set up doesn't warrant moving up, for 1/2 inch more of clearance. This set up gets me to where I need to get...

Jk wheels will need a spacer. There offset kind of changes thing's! I run a 3" lift with 255/70- 17's with no rubbing or cutting. I initially ran duratracs 255/75 r17 and they fit fine in normal driving situations but would rub if stuffed certain ways.

How do you post pics here?

Back