• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Control Arms

chickenbot

NAXJA Forum User
93 4.0 ax15 np231 no lift

It is time to replace my control arms in the front. They are the original 25 year old ones. I would like to go adjustable with poly bushings. In the future I am going to do a mild lift so something that can do a 0"- 4" lift is preferable.

Which ones do yall recommend that are $300 or less for all 4?

I would avoid most poly ones all-together.

They don't flex, there are higher end ones that are built specifically for that but $$$. Also look at flex-joint types like Currie, RE and others. If it's street driven also stay away from heim's.

Last edited:
I hope R.E. has improved the Super Ride bushings, back when I ran their UCAs, the Super Ride bushings wore out quickly.
I would consider running WJ LCAs and adjustable uppers, so the caster and front pinion angle can be set.
The WJ LCAs will ride better and are stronger than the stock LCAs.
http://gojeep.willyshotrod.com/HowtoWJcontrolarms.htm

Go with a set of Moog OEM style arms, if you can weld, and weld a strap of steel along the bottom to box them in for strength.

Poly sucks. I avoid it whenever possible. I've used it for sway bar links and motor mounts (twice) and it just sucks for a road car and it doesn't allow much articulation in a suspension joint.

I've run 31's and 3" lift with boxed rubber control arms and done plenty of wheeling, camping and exploring in the old girl (sold her) and I never had a moments concern about the control arms.

I seem to recall that I didn't just box them, I welded in some square tube in the channel as well... IDK.

Back