• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

4.88 or 5.13 gears for a rig on 36's that maybe sees 8,000 miles a year for street driving. Which would be better? Normally just drive rig back and forth to work every now and then.

go 5.13, since it is a trail rig predominantly you will be happy with the deeper gears.

Thanks. Just starting to gather parts up for it. Just didn't know which would be better. Heck we've only put about 25k miles on it in 5 years.

Noo, Minne the Moocher!

5.13 hands down. Personally I would do 5.38

this! I had 5.13 on 35", 36", and 37" with my 44/9 4.0, AW4, 231. it did highway speeds just fine but it could have been a tad deeper in 4LO so 5.38 would have been awesome!

so my son is now hooked on an "engineer / spy" show from the mid 80's.....any guesses?

Gotta love Netflix.

Thanks all for replies on gears. Main reason I was asking was I had found a brand new set of Yukon 5.13's on Craigslist for dirt cheap. Just wanted to get some opinions before I pulled trigger on them.

Thanks all for replies on gears. Main reason I was asking was I had found a brand new set of Yukon 5.13's on Craigslist for dirt cheap. Just wanted to get some opinions before I pulled trigger on them.

If the price is worth it, I would run them. I wish I had 5.13s now with my V8/auto and 35"s

I have the entire set (including the TV movies) on DVD.
It was great until he sold the YJ and started helping inner city youts instead of being an international spy for a private entity.

^this

I too have the complete set of all 7 seasons on DVD.

mac 'they are also shown on cloo' gyvr

Back