• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Yep. The alternator went bad...and when I was taking the battery out it slipped from my hands and cracked on the driveway. I had a second battery that was dead, so I took it to get tested and the cart I was carrying it on hit a rock and tipped since it was top heavy. Broke that battery open also.

Sounds like a bad luck battery day.

Bought a tow rig Tuesday night:

28070365_10103989787560907_42111348945795542_o.jpg

2017 F150 Lariat. 3.5 Ecoboost with Max Tow package and FX4 package.

Bought a tow rig Tuesday night:

28070365_10103989787560907_42111348945795542_o.jpg

2017 F150 Lariat. 3.5 Ecoboost with Max Tow package and FX4 package.

It will make the trip to Moab much more comfy. The Max Tow package that was on Mark's Ecoboost V6 was flat out awesome coming over the Rocky Mountains.

Well just got the 96 back from the shop.In preparation for Moab,I wanted a shift kit put in as well as fix a leak.So we got a Trans-go kit and a bunch of valve body gaskets and went at it........Help from trans-go was very good but could not overcome the lack of the correct gasket.
Shifts were solid after putting old gasket back in,but low internal pressures took out its toll on reverse.
Found a used trans that was driven to the yard to be scraped ,less miles than on the one in the 96.Swapped that in.....so all is good for the moment.
Now to work on the floor and bumper.

I worked on the Grand again. I've started a new build thread in the ZJ forum. Check it out.

Went Aiken with Deanna and Molly Friday. Saturday we went to Stump's and dropped off the give a way trailer in Atalanta. Had lunch at a Comic book restaurant/bar then went back to Aiken. Saturday we hung out in Aiken and worked on my parents golf cart cleaning battery terminal. Then we meet one of her boys in Columbia at Carolina Ale house for dinner.

Friday: 1 hour drive to Greenville for my kids soccer game. Home at Midnight.

Saturday: 1 hour drive to Greenville for my kids soccer game. Home at 5pm. Full brake job on the Caddilac.

Sunday: 1 hour drive to Greenville to go to LKQ to buy a Hydrdboost brake booster and browse the Jeep section. Then back home to install the booster, pull some parts I sold off Jeeps, pull an engine to sell.

Guy showed up to buy an engine. ($500). He left with an engine, transmission, TCM, PCM, Harness and a set of crappy wheels for $760. I like those kinds of customers.

As he was about to leave he noticed the heim steering on my XJ. I told him I was getting ready to pull it off and sell it in favor of some TRE steering. He offered to trade me a 2 month old M18 Fuel Milwaukee impact for it. lol So we pulled the steering off my Jeep right then and there.

I'm sore.

It started Wednesday night: Installed a “Ghost” (Pun intended Glenn-thank you very, much) alternator on the XJ. Thursday night, new rear brake shoes and all the hardware. Friday, as you might have heard, Kristopher (KPTHEMP) and I played in the mud ALL DAY FRIDAY. (Concrete for his shop) Saturday Changed the oil in the (WK2) Grand Cherokee, rebuilt an old desktop computer. Today (Sunday I think it is) Refurbishing a couple of laptops. That’s it. Have a nice day yawl. :cheers:

I got my patch welded for the frame repair. I think it turned out better than I was expecting. However, due to the ugliness of the welding, I decided to not share any picture of it.

Next up... power steering pressure line replacement, zj disc brake swap, and wj knuckle swap.

It started Wednesday night: Installed a “Ghost” (Pun intended Glenn-thank you very, much) alternator on the XJ. Thursday night, new rear brake shoes and all the hardware. Friday, as you might have heard, Kristopher (KPTHEMP) and I played in the mud ALL DAY FRIDAY. (Concrete for his shop) Saturday Changed the oil in the (WK2) Grand Cherokee, rebuilt an old desktop computer. Today (Sunday I think it is) Refurbishing a couple of laptops. That’s it. Have a nice day yawl. :cheers:

So that alt was a good one? I'll be picking your brain on that concrete work you guys did.

Starting my new job on Thursday. Finally.....

Yes. Same job as before at the same salary. I’m in CHI right now training. It’s a relief to have it! Looking forward to being productive again - although I’ll miss dealing with all the celebrities that I did while being a chauffeur.

Back