• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Signed by the seller and no buyer sig? That sounds like an open title to me, and a lucky find :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Signed and dated by the seller and 2 previous buyers and never transferred.

I'd have to jump through lots of hoops to get it sorted out. Not worth the effort.

No. Signed and dated by the seller and 2 previous buyers and never transferred.

I'd have to jump through lots of hoops to get it sorted out. Not worth the effort.

Ah gotcha - is SC that bad as well? I'm in NC and its terrible for titling. I've done it, but it's not a fun process I agree. Almost worth moving to GA if you're in that line of business.

Ah gotcha - is SC that bad as well? I'm in NC and its terrible for titling. I've done it, but it's not a fun process I agree. Almost worth moving to GA if you're in that line of business.

SC is easy. Just not if the title has been signed. A simple title reprint by the current titled owner would fix the issue but I don't want to fool with it.

GA is 10x worse than SC from what I understand.

If you've got something made in 1985 or older, yes it's easy. Otherwise it's about as bad as anywhere else. You've gotta have you ducks in the exact row they tell you or no cookie. Not worth it when you can find one without any title issues for a couple grand.

For you guys this isn't anything but for me it's a bigger deal. I logged onto NAXJA and for the first time since 2009, I've not held some sort of position in the SEC or National BOD. Every morning I would go to National to see what needed to be discussed and now I can't. It makes for a strange routine change.

It's just weird.

I had intentions of trying out my Fluke multimeter but it was cool and rainy so I just stayed inside and worked on a model kit, watched the Starsky & Hutch marathon Saturday and Movin' On on Monday.

Last edited:
New Years D had to work so I hit up the pull a part in Columbia. Scored a Dodge 241, front driveshaft for the Mj, and got my Niece some visors for her car while I was there. We watched CA: Civil War and went to bed. Briefly woke up at 12 and then fell back asleep. Sunday we went to Twisted Spur in Columbia. I went home even though I was off the boys had school Monday. Monday I have to remove the PS pump and engine mount on the intake side on the mj so I could pull the plug for the renix temp sending unit. It will start with starter fluid and idle. Need to figure out vacuum lines and a rear driveshaft......

Finished the rear AAL lift for the MJ, so I can fit my old 31s on it. Broke down a trans/tcase I picked up to put in the MJ for the 4WD swap. Slowly added back some dash parts, new speakers and plastics for the interior. Swapped headlights with my old Rampage kit, new markers, bulbs and harness.

Put Sliders on the wife's TJ, fixed the fan selector so she has blower heat again.

Slow and steady but I'm getting things knocked out.

Two questions. Is your current MJ a 5 speed? If that is the case and you have an extra external slave bell housing I'm in need of one. What are your plans for the stock 2wd rear DS? I need a rear shaft for the MJ I'm working on. The original one was stolen out of the bed years ago. I hate a thief.....

Got myself registered to show the Jeep at the Nashville AutoFest and Swap Meet. I promise I'll be the only "working" 4x4 here, and likely the only trail truck. I'll be curious of the response with my beat up truck amidst all the resto mods and restorations. My bet is I am in one of the back halls. Not even sure what category they will put me in.

Two questions. Is your current MJ a 5 speed? If that is the case and you have an extra external slave bell housing I'm in need of one. What are your plans for the stock 2wd rear DS? I need a rear shaft for the MJ I'm working on. The original one was stolen out of the bed years ago. I hate a thief.....

I have 2 internal slave bell housings. When I picked up the MJ, myself and another looked under and "saw" a external. We got home to replace the clutch and flywheel and realized we are both blind idiots.
This AX15 i picked up is a internal as well. I'm not complaining though, as the parts will swap over.

As for the stock 2wd rear DS, you can have it when the time comes. I was planing to drive for a little bit longer in 2wd until I rebuild the AX15. I've never done that so I have no idea how long it will take me.

I have 2 internal slave bell housings. When I picked up the MJ, myself and another looked under and "saw" a external. We got home to replace the clutch and flywheel and realized we are both blind idiots.
This AX15 i picked up is a internal as well. I'm not complaining though, as the parts will swap over.

As for the stock 2wd rear DS, you can have it when the time comes. I was planing to drive for a little bit longer in 2wd until I rebuild the AX15. I've never done that so I have no idea how long it will take me.

No worries and no hurry. I've got a temp in the works. I've had a funds set back so the Mj will get put on the back burner until LG graduates probably. Hell he's thinking about selling it..... ugh!

Got myself registered to show the Jeep at the Nashville AutoFest and Swap Meet. I promise I'll be the only "working" 4x4 here, and likely the only trail truck. I'll be curious of the response with my beat up truck amidst all the resto mods and restorations. My bet is I am in one of the back halls. Not even sure what category they will put me in.

How do you get into that? What are the dates?

http://nashvilleautofest.com/

Registration form is on the page. The girls and I go every year. This is the first year I've entered the XJ. Maybe I'll win for most dents or most mud...

Trying to decide now if I leave the truck dirty or I wash it for the show. It looks good muddy, but when it's clean it shows its "character."

Trying to decide now if I leave the truck dirty or I wash it for the show. It looks good muddy, but when it's clean it shows its "character."

Wash one side only.....

That works if I am on a rotating floor - and in a car wash soap commercial!

Back