• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

5186b89f.jpg

its a 68. got a built motor and some suspension goodies. it's a turd right now, but as long as i can hang on to it, it'll be pretty sweet one day.

You'll have to forgive the mess at the old junky house but this is the rail that I had. Had a 2110 in it. I sold it before I finished with it.

PA040198.jpg

This was the bug the day I sold it. I hadn't put the interior in it or the fenders on it. That's all it needed to be finished. It had a 1776 in it. Air ride all the way around and 18s. lol

2011-08-09_14-32-08_730.jpg

It sits low... ^ It's sitting on 4x4 blocks in this picture...

2136948_67_full.jpg

I've got a red tailgate that is coming to Nooga with me next weekend! LOL!

whats happening with it?

Nothing yet. I'm fixing the gray one up and I'm driving it now. I have a couple plans for it though...

The red one is still a project that includes a 6.0 but it's on the back burner till the gray one is finished. Hopefully by the end of this year it will be done though.

I realized that I have so much to do to my Jeep and no money to do it.
Motor Mounts
Transmission Mount
Tune Up
TPS
IAC
Figure out what the vibration from the front end is....(probably carrier/pinion bearing or could be exhaust hitting)
New Shocks
Why I have a lack of power
....So annoying! :(

The red one is still a project that includes a 6.0 but it's on the back burner till the gray one is finished. Hopefully by the end of this year it will be done though.

i like this.... holler if you ever need help.... i like staying busy ;)

Last edited:
For me, it absolutely was. I have all the interior out waiting on new carpet so it just seemed like a good time. I can't tell you how "tinny" the inside was with the inside gutted but now it's nice. I can actually hear my cheap radio without having to turn the volume to 40. I plan on a decent sound system also, so I thought this would be added insurance against the rattling that comes from low bass and with a 20+ year old truck, I know there would be rattling.

So what, you just pull the carpet up and lay down the dynamat and lay the carpet back over it? I really need to do my jeep...how much does that stuff run to do the inside of the front?

taking my last undergrad final tomorrow... i will then graduate with my civil engineering degree!!!

btw know of anyone hiring? :D

i like this.... holler if you ever need help.... i like staying busy ;)

Will do. It'll be alot of fun...

So what, you just pull the carpet up and lay down the dynamat and lay the carpet back over it? I really need to do my jeep...how much does that stuff run to do the inside of the front?

Actually, I had a couple rust holes in the floor that Ed and myself patched up, thanks Ed, so the entire interior is out of it. The carpet is in sad shape so I ordered a new kit, thanks to Matt, rredalty, and that will be going in it soon. I bought one box of the Dynamat extreme, I think it's like 36 sq ft or so and just about covered the entire Jeep less the doors. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do about my doors yet so I didn't cover them.

I thought it was just mine. The truck is crazy loud. Glad to know the dynomat makes a difference.

Huge difference!!! There are other products out there but I can say the Dynamat stuff works.

Jenny got me my first beer brewing kit for my birthday! I love my enabling wife:D

happy B-day-- you've definitely got a keeper-- don't "F"-it up:roll:

P.S. i'm back in town and will be at work if you need anything starting Thurs.
P.P.S. I've got enough 1L resealable bottles for 5gal if you're in need-- give them a good bath to sterilize (been in storage for a few years)and they'll be ready

happy B-day-- you've definitely got a keeper-- don't "F"-it up:roll:

P.S. i'm back in town and will be at work if you need anything starting Thurs.
P.P.S. I've got enough 1L resealable bottles for 5gal if you're in need-- give them a good bath to sterilize (been in storage for a few years)and they'll be ready

ill take those bottles off your hands and give a couple back full for the offer! thanks!

Back