• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I haven't been on a plane since I was like 14. I am forsure not a seasoned traveler.

I should add I'm not bitching about the travel. I'm bitching about the lack of communication. :D

Last edited:
I’m traveling right now and it has actually warmed up since last night........
d18c52b8cb95c72ab1337a370dbdb4b2.jpg

Was negative 37 yesterday.....

I enjoy flying - which is good since I'm in the travel industry. I'm kind of a nerd about it too, and have a booklet with every flight I've been on since 1998.

I've been on:

-619 flights
-to 66 different airports
-for a total of 369,056 air miles.

For reference that is 14 times around the earth with just 4459 more miles to complete my 15th

That also calculates to only 108,744 more miles on my return flight back from the moon

Oh - and Mac, seeing your signature line, you can fly the plane. Check the flight schools in Ft. Wayne. I was given one flight lesson for my birthday. The instructor took off and landed and turned it over to me in flight for 2 hours. I just followed the river out of Nashville for a while and followed the highway back, then circled the city. Little 2 seater Cessna. One of the best experiences of my life.

Last edited:
Rew,
More common than you think. I am often told a week or less ahead of time that I am required to send one of my techs out for equipment training. It's just as frustrating to plan and set up last minute

Kevin,
We just came back from a Disney trip. My entire family had never been before including me. That was one of the coolest times I have ever had.
I had a blast but watching my daughters and the time they were having was the best. We did all the princess stuff cuz they are big into that.
To tie off our 3day adventure we did the star wars thing at the end.
I have to say I love the movies and am a huge star wars fan, have several little toys and nic nats etc but I'm no "star wars nerd'. That place was the coolest place I have ever been. The quality they did that was incredible and you really feel like you have left the earth. The cast engagement is much better/funner than the other park's as well.

Rew...

Welcome to 10 years of my life. "Hey, can you be at O'hare at 5am for a flight to Atlanta?"

I don't miss it one bit.. Now I work for a company based in Chicago. In 3 plus years, I've been to HQ, zero times and that is exactly how I like it.

Never flown in my life, looking at flying for an anniversary trip. Since it will be a February trip whatever year it is. Warm beach is in order. Thinking Hawaii over key west. Might be a 10 year trip since last year was five and Sarah was weeks away from having Olivia.

I like Key West over Hawaii personally. Easy flight into Ft. Lauderdale/Miami, 4 hour drive down the Keys, easy to stop in the Everglades, day trip to the Dry Tortugas.

Yeah, I'd take the Keys any day.

I fly to El Paso, TX on March 16th...but I won't know the times until the week of winterfest...

Andy, I could not travel like you do...a couple times a year on a plane is enough for me...

mac 'wants to fly the plane' gyvr
You will be 500 miles from me...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Any probably closer to John...

mac 'with a full schedule' gyvr

473 miles by the most direct route.

They need to send you to Phoenix, or Flagstaff

Welp what fun. Been home the past 2 days cuz the youngest kid hasn't been able to stay off the toilet. Im ready to go back to work.

Over the past three weeks, my youngest got double ear infections, my oldest got a viral illness, my father in law (who is our baby sitter) got a sinus infection, and my wife got a sinus infection. I was lucky and the worst I got was a bit of congestion. Going to work was a nice distraction despite the impeachment crap being on. Today was nice as I went to the range with my brother.

f2b36fda6f548f8a5e0e1864ce5f4087.jpg

597b454af5fbae3150b632ddc84ebc80.jpg

Almost as if I planned it out to fit in the garage to work on it...

mac ‘measure once, cut twice’ gyvr

Back