• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil pressure gauge

C100 is the big bulkhead connector on the firewall side of the fuse box.

C105 is a flat 6 pin connector behind the battery. Light blue 20 gauge wire at terminal B.

Did you say you saw battery voltage on the wire going to the sensor with it unplugged? Voltage on the sensor wire with it unplugged would rule out a short to ground between the sensor and the gauge.

I should say the jeep trouble shooting book was for 1988, I believe Jeff/Alaska has a 1989. I think the difference will be slight.
He did say he cleaned out his bulkhead connector before, maybe there is a issue there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawsoncl,
Yes there is full battery voltage at the sensor wire. Tested both on RUN/OFF and RUNNING. No difference full voltage at the sensor wire. At this point I am thinking that there is a bad connection to the gauge cluster, but not likely since ALL the other gauges are working but most likely is the gauge failed and suddenly.

Update: After testing the ground, sensor and ignition source wires I determined that had a non working gauge. There are two resistors on the gauge, one 75 ohms tested at 42 and 5 ohms tested at 5. Replaced the 75 ohm with no luck. Found a OEM new in box gauge on Ebay all is good now and working. Thanks for everyone's advise and your input.

Back