• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

broke off oil pressure sending unit

VTJeepr

NAXJA Forum User
Today i was doing an oil change and when I was taking out the old oil filter i wasn't paying attention and broke off the plastic part of the oil pressure sending unit. I realized what had happened after i turned it on and saw oil spewing out of it. Does anyone know if a new one can be screwed into the metal part of it? Or does the whole assembly have to be replaced. Pictures would help too, thanks

Paul

A new sender can be installed.and will be replaced as a unit. once you have the new part on hand, you should be able to see how it is installed and removed.

Be aware that a thin membrane may be the only thing keeping your oil in the engine. You may remove the stub left in the block and temporarily place a M10 screw in to seal the oil in.
Yep, I speak from experience.

I'm not trying to poke any fun at you...

but that sucks. :( I'll have to be more careful because I hadn't even thought of it.

yeah, you'll have to get a ride to the stealership---you dont want to drive it like that!!
(i also speak from experience! :banghead:

yeah--the plastic piece had a small metal threaded fitting on it--you'll figure it out really easy when u get the new piece in hand--like a-mechanic said

IIRC the part from jeep was about $30-35, but this was 3 years ago. . .

good luck!

CaptTrev

I just bought a new one from a local auto parts store for $35(doing a guage swap so I needed one for the new set). I didn't even bother to check with the dealer but I'm guessing they should be anywhere from $40-60.

Good luck.

CaptTrev said:
yeah, you'll have to get a ride to the stealership---you dont want to drive it like that!!
Actually, you can drive it to the stealership (I speak from experience also) Only needed 25 cents and a bit of JB Weld.
oilsender.jpg

http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/oilsend.html

Back