• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

Donations are a great thing!! Let me know when you get the Manche done and we will do some wheeling!

Will do, right now I need to get the wiring done and get it running. Previous owner was already doing a bunch of stuff, did a c101, resoldered the wiring harness and doing a HO head swap. Once I get that done rest will be easier. Electrical stuff always kicks my ass

Don't feel like doing a build thread - '02 Overland, HO 4.7

3Link/4Link, JK Rubi axles/RCVs/5.13, Atlas 4.3, 37s. Needs a little love to get back on the road, they trailered it. TF front bumper on the way.

i.php

i.php

Don't feel like doing a build thread - '02 Overland, HO 4.7

3Link/4Link, JK Rubi axles/RCVs/5.13, Atlas 4.3, 37s. Needs a little love to get back on the road, they trailered it. TF front bumper on the way.

i.php

i.php

That was the one out east wasn't it?

Kinda I suppose

Thing is nice. I saw it and if I could have would have just picked it up for the atlas. I gotta imagine the 5.23s with the HO has gotta be a torque monster. What plans you got for it?

...lol... I'm getting old . It appears I asked this question last year and got my answer . Please DELETE this here waste of Biden like speech .

Last edited:
So, last week, the beast decided not to start. It had crank this time, unlike last year when the 3rd starter in 30 years quit. Put my REM engine reader on it, nothing stood out. Just for grins wiggled the lead to the TPS, and it started. Promptly ordered a new connector and TPS. Next day no start. The connector came quickly and was installed. Good start. Next day, not so much. Installed the Walker TPS that finally arrived, but could not adjust the closed throttle resistance to what is needed. Put in an old TPS, that I suspect was the original, adjusted easily. Vroom, Vroom, Vroom. Guard your Mopar TPS's, they are gold.

So, last week, the beast decided not to start. It had crank this time, unlike last year when the 3rd starter in 30 years quit. Put my REM engine reader on it, nothing stood out. Just for grins wiggled the lead to the TPS, and it started. Promptly ordered a new connector and TPS. Next day no start. The connector came quickly and was installed. Good start. Next day, not so much. Installed the Walker TPS that finally arrived, but could not adjust the closed throttle resistance to what is needed. Put in an old TPS, that I suspect was the original, adjusted easily. Vroom, Vroom, Vroom. Guard your Mopar TPS's, they are gold.

You sir, are a Mopar Wizard!

Replaced the master cylinder with a 2006 Viper one. (it is the same as a Durango but I don't remember which years)

I have Vanco front brakes and rear discs and the pedal never felt right. It was always mushy. So I started doing research and decided I needed a slightly bigger Bore Size. I went with the Viper one because I was having a hard time finding the bore size listed on any of the Durango ones. The one I bought has a 1.18 inch bore and is a direct bolt on to the booster. Because the reservoir is so much bigger I had to rework the lines from the prop valve but it wasn't a big job.
It made a HUGE difference. I finally have good pedal feel and it stops MUCH better.
A

For my birthday, my Beautiful Bride got a minivan. I have been D-Ding the Accord.

Last weekend, I bought a can of wasp spray for the XJ.

A faulty Ujoint job turned in to a new inside axle shaft, u joint replacement both sides, ball joints, C gussets (weld grind wire wheel clean primer and paint), new calipers, new pads, and full on tune up.

Hoping to get it out of the damn garage and into its natural habitat soon. Any Kelly flats or moody hill runs coming up?

Prepped and shot exo cage and body in predator green monstaliner . Swapped out all my old led lights for smoked LED lights and put in ebay's finest smoked LED head lights . Got a set of RGB rock lights to out on but they haven't arrived ... Yes it's a loud paint job. ...;-)

IMG_20210705_174623477.jpg

Haha, really going down a rabbit hole.

Back