• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calling all For 9" gurus!

Even when i deleted the name of the pic in the beginning... I get the same results

Need to get a link with the filename in it (ending in .jpg, .gif or whatever):

wwq8Ce2.jpg

Ty! I'll try better next time.. And shoot a better pic

First is silly... But isnt this pinion guard upside down? Kinda defeats the protection purpose ya? One of the seals are seeping there anyhow so I plan to flip it if im not losing it... Been years since ive touched a 9" .. Dont be gross

Yep, that pinion guard is upside down.

That is what Ford put in their passenger cars and pickup trucks back in the '60s & '70s. You will not be able to clock the pinion carrier 180*, if at all.

x10.jpg

https://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2002/02/nineinch/index2.php

So it stays in place?

Last edited:
That "pinion guard" may be part of a pinion snubber ford used on some cars equipped with the drag pack option if I remember correctly. Also a old school real 9" DETROIT locker was known to be noisey especially when turning.

If you don't want that old crappy Detroit, I will take it off of your hands.

Well now Im going to be awfully dissatisfied if it doesnt have a Detroit when i open her up!

Does your pig have a big N in the center? Like the one in the hi9 pic on page one? If so that's good, that means it's nodular iron, that's the best one ford made.

Back